+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

TK2020

Aug 18, 2020
Two quick questions! Does anyone know...
1. How long does it take to receive the actual work permit from the date of approval? (Location is Toronto);
2. Since IRCC granted basically all in-land applicants a biometrics exemption, when and how are we getting the refund for the biometrics fee?

co2020

May 31, 2020
Two quick questions! Does anyone know...
1. How long does it take to receive the actual work permit from the date of approval? (Location is Toronto);
2. Since IRCC granted basically all in-land applicants a biometrics exemption, when and how are we getting the refund for the biometrics fee?
1) It should be within a week (4-7 days) but if you don't get it within 3 weeks give them a call.
2) When I called to ask about the refund, I was told it would be done automatically after the application has been finalized. One thing I forgot to ask is how long the refund process would take, although I am estimating 3 weeks, it could be longer.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Looks like they are processing May applications now. That means July applications would be processed by December.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
1) It should be within a week (4-7 days) but if you don't get it within 3 weeks give them a call.
2) When I called to ask about the refund, I was told it would be done automatically after the application has been finalized. One thing I forgot to ask is how long the refund process would take, although I am estimating 3 weeks, it could be longer.
Took about 8 days to get biometric refund for SP extension.

miranatelli

Aug 5, 2020
Hey! Just wondering if those who received an online approval receive their actual approval copy delivered to their address yet? It's been more than 2 months and I have yet to receive mine. Anyone else experiencing the issue? I want to get my SIN updated but I haven't received the actual approval docu yet

Jean1515

Oct 7, 2020
Hey! Just wondering if those who received an online approval receive their actual approval copy delivered to their address yet? It's been more than 2 months and I have yet to receive mine. Anyone else experiencing the issue? I want to get my SIN updated but I haven't received the actual approval docu yet
where are you located? if you havent received anything you should contact ircc to replace the missing doc