+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hi, the decision on the two applications will be shared on the same day since they are connected. The drawback is that they may count the processing time since July (your partner's application date), not yours. I am on the same boat. The information I got is from an immigration lawyer. You may get lucky if they start counting from your application date for both applications
Hi, even the application are connected, there are two different application, I mean, two different protocol numbers. My consultant told me they could just analyze the first process and did not see the other. So, if it happens, we have to upload the PGWP in the spouse process. Thanks!

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hi, even the application are connected, there are two different application, I mean, two different protocol numbers. My consultant told me they could just analyze the first process and did not see the other. So, if it happens, we have to upload the PGWP in the spouse process. Thanks!
It is true that they assess each application separately, but once you submit an application for your partner, your partner's application goes right away under your own details. I asked for the GCMS, and it shows my partner's information already on mine since the first week. My guess is that they will wait for the assessment of the second one too before they give out their decisions.

Last edited:

Manpinderjeet

Oct 2, 2020
It is true that they assess each application separately, but once you submit an application for your partner, your partner's application goes right away under your own details. I asked for the GCMS, and it shows my partner's information already on mine since the first week. They will wait for the assessment of the second one too before they give out their decisions.
[/QUOTE what is this mean? They will process both applications same

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
It is true that they assess each application separately, but once you submit an application for your partner, your partner's application goes right away under your own details. I asked for the GCMS, and it shows my partner's information already on mine since the first week. My guess is that they will wait for the assessment of the second one too before they give out their decisions.
I don't think so. I saw many people who applied first for the pGWP and later applied to their spouse WP, and got only the PGWP even they applied for the spose one or two months later... and then uploaded the PGWP to spouse process... The agent did not gave the response for both. It did not change the PGWP processing time. Anyway, let's wait for the response. Thank you!

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
I don't think so. I saw many people who applied first for the pGWP and later applied to their spouse WP, and got only the PGWP even they applied for the spose one or two months later... and then uploaded the PGWP to spouse process... The agent did not gave the response for both. It did not change the PGWP processing time. Anyway, let's wait for the response. Thank you!
You may be absolutely right. I was just sharing the information I have. I hope it works in the best way possible for you and for me :)