+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Hassan17

Apr 2, 2019
Still no update. It is almost 150 days now.

Right now I am thinking about the worse result. I recall seeing someone got rejected and applied again then was finally approved. Was kindly wondering what options do we have after our application was declined. Does it make sense if I apply again with the same documents literally for another chance for IRCC to review? Thanks.
But why would they reject you? I've seen a similar case when the immigration officer who had my friend's file was on leave for 6 months! If you have maintained full-time status for at least 8 months, and your institution is also a DLI, and finally assuming you uploaded all correct documents, you should get it! I would say they probably transfer applications to other offices due to the high numbers of applicants. Because any CIC office can review whatever they want.

Reactions: MacWartt

mhoang

Feb 6, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Still no update. It is almost 150 days now.

Right now I am thinking about the worse result. I recall seeing someone got rejected and applied again then was finally approved. Was kindly wondering what options do we have after our application was declined. Does it make sense if I apply again with the same documents literally for another chance for IRCC to review? Thanks.
And I have seen warning from the CIC saying that if you apply more than once it will result in even longer wait time as they will have to figure out what is going on. I say you should wait as Hassan17 suggested. There is no goods coming from being paranoid.

Reactions: MacWartt

mgupta41

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
I believe it is straight forward. You choose "Temporary Residence" and choose the type of document you are waiting for. Finally click "Get processing time" button
Hey as I need to get TRV to go to India for 20 days after my PGWP approval, so which option should I select in Type of document after choosing " Temporary Residence" ?

mhoang

Feb 6, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey as I need to get TRV to go to India for 20 days after my PGWP approval, so which option should I select in Type of document after choosing " Temporary Residence" ?
From the limited amount of information that you are giving us, I will assume a couple of things. You are currently in Canada, waiting for your Post Grad Work Permit (PWGP) and after that you would like to renew your Visa so you can travel to India.

Then your Visa would be "Visitor Visa (inside Canada)" as you are still a non-Canadian, living in Canada and just graduated.

If all of these information are correct then you would choose "Temporary residence (visiting, studying, working)" follow with "Visitor Visa (inside Canada)". I have just checked and it would be 25 days online, 37 days for paper forms from the date that they received your application.

Reactions: mgupta41

mgupta41

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
From the limited amount of information that you are giving us, I will assume a couple of things. You are currently in Canada, waiting for your Post Grad Work Permit (PWGP) and after that you would like to renew your Visa so you can travel to India.

Then your Visa would be "Visitor Visa (inside Canada)" as you are still a non-Canadian, living in Canada and just graduated.

If all of these information are correct then you would choose "Temporary residence (visiting, studying, working)" follow with "Visitor Visa (inside Canada)". I have just checked and it would be 25 days online, 37 days for paper forms from the date that they received your application.
Thumbs up buddy

Thanks

mgupta41

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Thumbs up buddy

Thanks
One more question

I got Letter of Completion from college on 19th Dec, 2019 and my study permit expires on 31st March, 2020. I applied for PGWP on 19th Dec and I am expecting my PGWP decision around 15th to 20th March. So in case my PGWP application is refused, I have below questions-

1. Can I reapply PGWP again before my study permit expires i.e. 31st March?
2. If answer to above question is Yes, can i continue to work full time after reapplying PGWP?
3. Do i have to apply for restoration of status as well? If yes, then i have to restore my status as student or worker?

Thanks in Advance.

Hassan17

Apr 2, 2019
One more question

I got Letter of Completion from college on 19th Dec, 2019 and my study permit expires on 31st March, 2020. I applied for PGWP on 19th Dec and I am expecting my PGWP decision around 15th to 20th March. So in case my PGWP application is refused, I have below questions-

2. If answer to above question is Yes, can i continue to work full time after reapplying PGWP?
3. Do i have to apply for restoration of status as well? If yes, then i have to restore my status as student or worker?

Thanks in Advance.
Why do you think they might refuse your PGWP?

mhoang

Feb 6, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
One more question

Thanks in Advance.
I wouldn't worry about it. For now, you have implied status so just keep working. If it is rejected somehow, please contact the CIC asap to follow up as it is their decision and we shouldn't be here guessing anything.

mhoang

Feb 6, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you for your reply...what is the difference between the two?
A permit gives you the permission to do certain things in Canada legally:
- a study permit let you study (can work while study indicated on your permit)
- a work permit let you work (not study)

A visa is a travelling document, without it, you won't be able to come back into Canada if travelling outside.

Reactions: Anyw