+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
A permit gives you the permission to do certain things in Canada legally:
- a study permit let you study (can work while study indicated on your permit)
- a work permit let you work (not study)

A visa is a travelling document, without it, you won't be able to come back into Canada if travelling outside.
Thank you for your reply...may I ask what would be the implications if the student permit is effective until april 2021, and the student visa is until July 2021

mhoang

Feb 6, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you for your reply...may I ask what would be the implications if the student permit is effective until april 2021, and the student visa is until July 2021
Study Permit with the end date for April 2021 because they normally assume that your degree takes 4 years, and most Universities start from September 1 and end April 30

You always have to apply and receive your permit first (study, work) before applying for a visa. The Visa, therefore, has more time to allow you to quickly travel back and forth if needed after April 2021 to do whatever you need but I advise against going anywhere when you are waiting for your permit/visa.

Reactions: Anyw

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Have you gotten a response yet??? I made the same mistake as you and I was refused. I am back home now waiting for a response to my second pplication. When does your 180days come into effect? if its near you might want to withdraw your application and reapply from home asap.
hi , I just want to know when we can reapply for PGWP application ,after submitting request of withdrawal for first PGWP application. Immediately or next day ? pls reply because I am unable to get any info about this .

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Thank you for your reply! I did include LoEs for in both applications. For study permit I explained that I need to apply for PGWP, that my graduation is in February and convocation in June. In PGWP application I said that I applied for study permit and gave reference number of the application. I also paid restoration fee (sent web form with a receipt) for PGWP to be on a safe side in case my study permit will be refused so the officer that processing my PGWP application may restore my status right away (advised by CIC agent)
Hi , I am in similar situation , did you paid restoration fee ($200) at the same time when you submitted your PGWP application on implied status or later on ? and then you sent Payment receipt through web form .

mgupta41

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Finally PGWP Approved

Applied on 19th December 2019
Approved on 10th March 2020

Thanks all for help and support.
Guyz i have checked this status online through gckey login. I havent recieved any mail from CIC yet about any update or message.

What are the next steps. Will i get any mail or soft copy of approval?

When should i expect hard copy of work permit and do they inform about dispatch?

mhoang

Feb 6, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
hi , I just want to know when we can reapply for PGWP application ,after submitting request of withdrawal for first PGWP application. Immediately or next day ? pls reply because I am unable to get any info about this .
You have to wait until the withdrawal is processed before reapplying. Refer to this comment here..

Last edited:

mhoang

Feb 6, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Guyz i have checked this status online through gckey login. I havent recieved any mail from CIC yet about any update or message.

What are the next steps. Will i get any mail or soft copy of approval?

When should i expect hard copy of work permit and do they inform about dispatch?
I think you have some serious stress issue going on and I hope that you have someone close to vent out. You will receive in the mail (not an e-mail) a copy of your PWGP (Post Grad Work Permit), it will be an A4 sized document with all your information on it. It is already being sent if your status is "Approved", they don't have tracking number.

All you have to do is wait. Or if you want to read more, what is better than the CIC website itself.

Last edited:

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
That is for citizenship application , I called IRCC and they told that you can reapply PGWP at any time after sending a request of withdrawal for first application.

Plus that was for a file that was sent to local office.
So some applications might differ, when did you apply?
Was it sent to local office?
Reason for withdrawing?

If you just wanna flagpole, go do it and then withdraw.
Sometimes you're not able to flagpole if an officer already started to review your file.

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Plus that was for a file that was sent to local office.
So some applications might differ, when did you apply?
Was it sent to local office?
Reason for withdrawing?

If you just wanna flagpole, go do it and then withdraw.
Sometimes you're not able to flagpole if an officer already started to review your file.
no becoz I applied for PGWP on implied status and that I did not paid restoration fee $ 200 . IRCC saying you can pay $200 fee now but I have doubt about this means , officer will consider my restoration fee or not becoz I applied for PGWP on 05 Feb 2020 and now I am paying restoration fee . So I do not want to take risk , I want to withdraw this PGWP application and want to reapply with valid study that I received 2 days ago .

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
no becoz I applied for PGWP on implied status and that I did not paid restoration fee $ 200 . IRCC saying you can pay $200 fee now but I have doubt about this means , officer will consider my restoration fee or not becoz I applied for PGWP on 05 Feb 2020 and now I am paying restoration fee . So I do not want to take risk , I want to withdraw this PGWP application and want to reapply with valid study that I received 2 days ago .
and my representative saying firstly we will submit another application for PGWP , then we will send a request for withdrawal of first application. Is it is right ?