+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

MacWartt

Feb 26, 2020
My application was confirmed by IRCC on Oct. 08 2019, transferred to Etobicoke office on Jan. 10, 2020 ( 94 days ). Now I believe it has been 141 days, still no updates yet. Contacted IRCC through web form, they told me they are still processing mine and will let me know ASAP when a decision is made or if they need more documents.

I am still waiting too, guys.

Hassan17

Apr 2, 2019
My application was confirmed by IRCC on Oct. 08 2019, transferred to Etobicoke office on Jan. 10, 2020 ( 94 days ). Now I believe it has been 141 days, still no updates yet. Contacted IRCC through web form, they told me they are still processing mine and will let me know ASAP when a decision is made or if they need more documents.

I am still waiting too, guys.
Anyone knows why they send some applications to the Etobicoke office??

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Can't we apply for TRV (as i have to visit India in April) without this PGWP hard copy?
It would be good to upload the hard copy to make your case stronger. I have applied for my TRV from Jan 6 and no update whatsover on it. The processing time has passed too, so unless they start working faster, you might not get it for April.

mgupta41

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
It would be good to upload the hard copy to make your case stronger. I have applied for my TRV from Jan 6 and no update whatsover on it. The processing time has passed too, so unless they start working faster, you might not get it for April.
How do we check the processing time for TRV?

Hassan17

Apr 2, 2019
If some applications require additional review.
thank you for replying back. I believe all CIC offices have the ability to do whatever reviews they need, maybe they transfer applications to different offices due to the high number of applicants ? I've heard they get 10000+ PGWP applications ....

MacWartt

Feb 26, 2020
Still no update. It is almost 150 days now.

Right now I am thinking about the worse result. I recall seeing someone got rejected and applied again then was finally approved. Was kindly wondering what options do we have after our application was declined. Does it make sense if I apply again with the same documents literally for another chance for IRCC to review? Thanks.

Last edited: