+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

GloryArsenal

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hey! Can you please give more details? I already applied online 2 days ago but wondering if I should go this route, I'm currently in Toronto.
What kind of details do you need? I am happy to answer if you can be more specific.
Do you have a valid status when you applied for PGWP? You should be able to work while waiting for a decision!
I only went for this route because I am still waiting for my Study Permit Extension (Applied at the end Oct, previous SP expired at the end of Nov).
I wasn't sure whether or not I could apply for PGWP while on implied status. The immigration advisor at U of T told me that the chance is 50/50. Although implied status is a valid immigration status, it is not a valid status for applying PGWP. Since I was away for the holidays, he suggested me to apply for PGWP at the port of entry.
IMO, you already applied online, perhaps it is best to wait for the result?

Boolish

Jan 8, 2020
I finally got approved for my PGWP.
applied October 10, 2019
Approved today January 13, 2020
No message in my emaili went in and checked my status said updated and application approved
Reviewed for eligibility on January 10.
Province: Alberta
What a relief lol.

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
I second this. I applied for the PGWP at Pearson airport last Saturday. I just handed in my degree completion letter and transcript, no questions asked. I got my 3-yr work permit within 30 minutes.
I have no idea about this, would this work for all graduates ?. Can you share more details on this.,
What did immigration officer ask you when entering port of entry.
Do you have a valid TRV ?, if not. Will they approve TRV at port of entry?

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
You can still go to border, just do some research at what time they are doing flagpole, they are still required to process flagpoles although they might limit the amount of people they process daily.
At 4 months I would try sending webform & calling IRCC you are probably going to be processed soon.
I raised webforms 3 times, and called 3 times too. I asked them to expedite the process, they say that my application of donot come under regular PGWP application and is because of I am a PhD graduate. Some people in this forum say it would 6-9 months for processing PGWP for PhDs.

Some people mentioned that the CBSA issued a notice in last November about flag-polling for PGWP. Not really sure, if they are giving PGWP at border.

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020

GloryArsenal

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
PNP
I have no idea about this, would this work for all graduates ?. Can you share more details on this.,
I am from a VISA exempt country, entered Canada with eTA. Sorry, I can't give you info on TRV.

I explained my situation to the officer why I needed to apply for PGWP at the port of entry. She just asked me if I have the degree completion letter and the transcript. I gave her both, she took my passport and said go there to pay the fees and bring back the receipt. After that, I gave the biometrics, and waited 20 minutes for the result. No questions asked. I showed her my job offer, but she didn't even take a look, as PGWP doesn't require a job offer.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you are in Canada and go to a US/Canada border point a TRV is not required to do flag polling. You can only get PGWP at airport if you arrive by plane.

momstudent87

Nov 17, 2016
I just got my PGWP approved!

applied Oct 16, 2019
approved January 14, 2020

that is 91 days of processing.

BTW I also got my son's student permit approval.

Good luck to everyone!