+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP for only PhD graduates

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
Hello All
It has been noticed that PGWP processing times for PhD graduates are longer when compare to other 1-3 years graduate programs (e.g Master, MBA programs).
This thread is to help for people who are planning to apply for PGWP after their PhD, and to update their application timeline. Also, this might help to track their application status and to know the expected timeline to get PGWP.

Please use this thread only PhD graduates, who applied for PGWP.

Thanks

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Applied for PGWP on Aug 29, 2019
waiting for update as of today, Jan 14, 2020
This seems good.
Applied Aug 23th.
Transferred to CPC edmonton Dec 2nd.

momstudent87

Nov 17, 2016
Hello All
It has been noticed that PGWP processing times for PhD graduates are longer when compare to other 1-3 years graduate programs (e.g Master, MBA programs).
This thread is to help for people who are planning to apply for PGWP after their PhD, and to update their application timeline. Also, this might help to track their application status and to know the expected timeline to get PGWP.

Please use this thread only PhD graduates, who applied for PGWP.

Thanks
It is the first time that I heard this and in my experience and knowledge of other PhDs, I don’t think it is a rule.

I applied in October 16 and got my approval the 14th of January.

Friends and family needed to wait the time stated in the processing time or even less.

My case is also special since I applied for an study permit for my son as well however got my answer yesterday as well.

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
It is the first time that I heard this and in my experience and knowledge of other PhDs, I don’t think it is a rule.

I applied in October 16 and got my approval the 14th of January.

Friends and family needed to wait the time stated in the processing time or even less.

My case is also special since I applied for an study permit for my son as well however got my answer yesterday as well.
Congratulations on your work permit approval.
For some reasons there is delay in processing PGWP for PhD holders. I have been waiting since Aug 29, I have been following up with them. Raised 3 times webform and called 3 times, officers mentioned that the PhD holder applications do not come under regular (M Sc, M.Engg, MBA) PGWP applications processing timeline. I enquired with couple other friends and PhD holders also have been waiting more than 3 months.

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Congratulations on your work permit approval.
For some reasons there is delay in processing PGWP for PhD holders. I have been waiting since Aug 29, I have been following up with them. Raised 3 times webform and called 3 times, officers mentioned that the PhD holder applications do not come under regular (M Sc, M.Engg, MBA) PGWP applications processing timeline. I enquired with couple other friends and PhD holders also have been waiting more than 3 months.
Did the officer clearly state this? We are not under regular timeline?
This is ridiculous.
I filled in webform and asked several questions. Today they replied just non-sense.

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
This is ridiculous.
I filled in webform and asked several questions. Today they replied just non-sense.
I called exactly 9 AM to talk to officers, I happened to talk same person twice. He clearly mentioned that my application does not come under regular PGWP processing timeline.
Other officer told me the processing timelines cited in IRCC site is valid for 80% of applications, and again they say depends case to case.
For me webform didnot help much, i got reply saying that the processing timelines vary case to case and we will try to process as soon as possible-same response 3 times.

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
This is ridiculous.
I received this same message 3 times when I raised webform (in Dec-Jan) . Did you receive same message?, if so, they must be copy and paste for all rising webforms.

Response for webform:
"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry. "

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
I received this same message 3 times when I raised webform (in Dec-Jan) . Did you receive same message?, if so, they must be copy and paste for all rising webforms.

Response for webform:
"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry. "
Thank you for such a detailed message. I got similar response. IRCC does not have access to the application anymore, so only comforting words at this moment.

Pushing them does not work. But they should at least know why they transferred our files.

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
My GCMS notes tell the reason of transfer:

- The transcript does not include the final defense information but I have a completion letter.

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
My GCMS notes tell the reason of transfer:

- The transcript does not include the final defense information but I have a completion letter.
Is this reply from them for your GCMS notes?, I submitted completion letter letter too.

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Is this reply from them for your GCMS notes?, I submitted completion letter letter too.
Yes this is. I think the officer is not very familiar of the processing of PGWP as they got the file transferred from the online centre.

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
Applied for PGWP on Aug 29, 2019
got approval , May 09, 2020 -

ALMOST 9 MONTHS TO PROCESS INLAND PGWP , on the other hand normal time to process is 2 to 3 months.

Meanwhile, I called several times and literally begged (for update on status of application) and wrote several e-mails to IRCC. All of that donot matter them, they take their own sweet time to process application.
I did wait fingers crossed for last 5 months, I am locked down in Canada for 9 months without any status.

I do not know what to say today after approval, but certainly not felt good.