+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Anybody has flagpole experience recently for PGWP?

I applied for PGWP 4 months back, it seems this would take longer than expected. I am planning to go to border to get PGWP. I heard from a friend, the IRCC issued a notice about flag-polling for PGWP, not sure what exactly that. If anybody visited border to get PGWP, please share your experience .
Thank you
CBSA no longer process pgwp applications. All applications will be directed to the online application portal

Ajz

Aug 8, 2019
Hey guys I have a quick question regarding after I got my PGWP:

Wondering
about TRV application: Will I get my visa for as long as my PGWP?
And also do any of you have to get biometrics done as well? One time I filled ikn thier questionnaire and no biometrics were needed but now I filled it again and now I have to do biometrics which is another $85 to do on top of visa cost itself.

I am just a bit confused here, please help

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Anybody has flagpole experience recently for PGWP?

I applied for PGWP 4 months back, it seems this would take longer than expected. I am planning to go to border to get PGWP. I heard from a friend, the IRCC issued a notice about flag-polling for PGWP, not sure what exactly that. If anybody visited border to get PGWP, please share your experience .
Thank you
You can still go to border, just do some research at what time they are doing flagpole, they are still required to process flagpoles although they might limit the amount of people they process daily.
At 4 months I would try sending webform & calling IRCC you are probably going to be processed soon.

momstudent87

Nov 17, 2016
Hey guys I have a quick question regarding after I got my PGWP:

Wondering
about TRV application: Will I get my visa for as long as my PGWP?
And also do any of you have to get biometrics done as well? One time I filled ikn thier questionnaire and no biometrics were needed but now I filled it again and now I have to do biometrics which is another $85 to do on top of visa cost itself.

I am just a bit confused here, please help
From what I understand, if you apply within Canada, you need to apply for a TRV separately after you receive your PGWP. I have seen in other treats here that the TRV just takes a couple of weeks if you are a PGWP holder.

I am not sure about PGWP from outside Canada.

Lbatallanos

Aug 7, 2019
I applied Oct 26th but no news yet... anyone else from October? and please can anyone could share the spreadsheet with PGWP processing times?

thanks and good luck

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Sure, I am following up with CIC.
Did you ask for transfer to Edmonton CPC ?, Where was it originally assigned ?. They are not even telling expected time for processing. Do not understand why special treatment to PhDs. Please let me know if you get any update on your case.
BTW, did you order your GCMS note?

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
I second this. I applied for the PGWP at Pearson airport last Saturday. I just handed in my degree completion letter and transcript, no questions asked. I got my 3-yr work permit within 30 minutes.
Hey! Can you please give more details? I already applied online 2 days ago but wondering if I should go this route, I'm currently in Toronto.