+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
What circumstance can delay PGWP processing?
Hi All
I applied on Aug 29, after my 4 years PhD. I did submit all required documents; official transcripts, program completion letter and others. I have seen in this forum, people applied in September got response from CIC. I am concerned now.

I have been following with CIC since 2nd week of Dec, I raised 3 web forms and called 3 times. When I called, officer said that the normal processing times not applicable to my application, but not mentioning why ?. Officer says I should wait as long as it takes. I am wondering what could be reasons for delay in processing my application.
appreciate any insights to this problem.
Thank you

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi All
I applied on Aug 29, after my 4 years PhD. I did submit all required documents; official transcripts, program completion letter and others. I have seen in this forum, people applied in September got response from CIC. I am concerned now.

I have been following with CIC since 2nd week of Dec, I raised 3 web forms and called 3 times. When I called, officer said that the normal processing times not applicable to my application, but not mentioning why ?. Officer says I should wait as long as it takes. I am wondering what could be reasons for delay in processing my application.
Thank you
which country are you from. Some countries require additional visas and trv which may take more time. Those countries that are visa waiver receive their work permit faster.

You may also have uploaded difficult to read documents or your documents are difficult to verify.

there was also a 2 week boxing week break during christmas and new year, so it might also be delayed due to less people working on applications

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
Thank you for reply. I am from India, but I applied within Canada (inland application). The application never went review stage so far in last 4 months, i believe I did submit properly.

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Hi All

Thank you
I applied in Aug.23 , PhD. very similar as you. My case was transferred to Edmonton CPC in Dec. 2.
If you have any update informing me I would be appreciate.

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
I applied in Aug.23 , PhD. very similar as you. My case was transferred to Edmonton CPC in Dec. 2.
If you have any update informing me I would be appreciate.
Sure, I am following up with CIC.
Did you ask for transfer to Edmonton CPC ?, Where was it originally assigned ?. They are not even telling expected time for processing. Do not understand why special treatment to PhDs. Please let me know if you get any update on your case.

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Sure, I am following up with CIC.
Did you ask for transfer to Edmonton CPC ?, Where was it originally assigned ?. They are not even telling expected time for processing. Do not understand why special treatment to PhDs. Please let me know if you get any update on your case.
No. I submitted on-line at first and it was automatically transferred.
One of the agent said it can take 9 months and another said she has no idea.