+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

J4i6

Nov 8, 2017
I applied for SOWP extension on November 7,2019 based on my spouse PGWP .During my application I submitted employment letter of my spouse with NOC number,job title,hours per week and salary per annum etc but without job duties and responsibilities. Is it necessary to include job duties and responsibilities on employment letter? Now my spouse manager agreed to give me job duties and responsibilities on another separate paper so can I submit this letter via web form?

MHD22

May 10, 2019
I applied for SOWP extension on November 7,2019 based on my spouse PGWP .During my application I submitted employment letter of my spouse with NOC number,job title,hours per week and salary per annum etc but without job duties and responsibilities. Is it necessary to include job duties and responsibilities on employment letter? Now my spouse manager agreed to give me job duties and responsibilities on another separate paper so can I submit this letter via web form?
Hi,
As far as I know, a description of the job duties should be included. The officer needs some information to assign your case a NOC code, then, decides if you are eligible. That is what I did for my wife.

M_atin

Nov 15, 2019
Hello Folks,
unfortunately, CIC Officer refused for my PGWP on NOV 15, 2019 with this reason:
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if they have continuously studied full time in Canada and have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in duration at a:
 University, community college, CEGEP,
 publicly funded trade/technical school or
 private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees

However I was full time student at Concordia and I got my master there . I was curious why they reject my application. I called them and I was advised its due to my Leave of Absence without privileges which I had in summer 2018 .
since summer is considers as regular schedule break in my program I took the summer off.
So I provided some precise information including :
Degree Conferred Letter showing that my degree has been awarded to me by Concordia University and stating that I was continuously studying full-time
2. The university’ ISO document which shows that Summer is a scheduled break at Concordia University
3. The IRCC tweet stating that if summer is a scheduled break you can take the summer off and be eligible for the PGWP
4. Attestation Letter from Concordia showing that I was full time in all the semesters
5. Information about the types of leaves at Concordia University: without privileges vs with access which is something internally.
and sent them trough IRCC web form and they verified the information I provided regarding my reconsideration request and have forwarded it to the responsible office on DEC 3,2019 .
Sadly, after passing 1 month I did not recieve any response regarding that issue . I called CIC again and they told me you have to apply for restoration of your study permit as well as PGWP in mail option as soon as possible .For your information my study permit was expired on Aug 31,2019 one month after I appiled for PGWP.
the agent told me you have to get 1 letter that shows you are still student and if not you have to get letter says that you are not student anymore as well as one another explanation letter regarding my problem.
Since this situation is so complicated ,I am asking for help or any comment that help me to get my PGWP status .
Thank you

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello Folks,
unfortunately, CIC Officer refused for my PGWP on NOV 15, 2019 with this reason:
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if they have continuously studied full time in Canada and have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in duration at a:
 University, community college, CEGEP,
 publicly funded trade/technical school or
 private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees

However I was full time student at Concordia and I got my master there . I was curious why they reject my application. I called them and I was advised its due to my Leave of Absence without privileges which I had in summer 2018 .
since summer is considers as regular schedule break in my program I took the summer off.
So I provided some precise information including :
Degree Conferred Letter showing that my degree has been awarded to me by Concordia University and stating that I was continuously studying full-time
2. The university’ ISO document which shows that Summer is a scheduled break at Concordia University
3. The IRCC tweet stating that if summer is a scheduled break you can take the summer off and be eligible for the PGWP
4. Attestation Letter from Concordia showing that I was full time in all the semesters
5. Information about the types of leaves at Concordia University: without privileges vs with access which is something internally.
and sent them trough IRCC web form and they verified the information I provided regarding my reconsideration request and have forwarded it to the responsible office on DEC 3,2019 .
Sadly, after passing 1 month I did not recieve any response regarding that issue . I called CIC again and they told me you have to apply for restoration of your study permit as well as PGWP in mail option as soon as possible .For your information my study permit was expired on Aug 31,2019 one month after I appiled for PGWP.
the agent told me you have to get 1 letter that shows you are still student and if not you have to get letter says that you are not student anymore as well as one another explanation letter regarding my problem.
Since this situation is so complicated ,I am asking for help or any comment that help me to get my PGWP status .
Thank you
You took a leave of absence during the summer break. You were supposed to maintain full-time enrolment even if you have no classes.

Raha_1986

Oct 31, 2017
Hello friends,

I applied on Oct. 1st, and I am still waiting. Any updates from applicants who submitted their applications in the last week of September?

Naddie

Dec 13, 2019
Hello guys,
My work permit just got approved today after 7 months of waiting and 2X PGWP refusal.
I was out of status when I reapplied for the second time and 2 weeks ago they refused it. I didn’t contact CIC because I lose hope already. Luckily, I received an email from them on Dec31st to pay study permit and open work permit fees. So I called cic and the agent told me they reopened and reconsidered my file. And today I received an approval letter. God is good all the time!!

Hassan17

Apr 2, 2019
Hi all.
I finished my studies ( 2 years diploma ) and now I m waiting for my college to process my diploma and transcript in order to apply for pgwp. I just got a new job last week, I worked full time for a week until I realized I’m only allowed to work part time while waiting for program completion documents so I switched my hours to part time. The lawyer i spoke with says i should be fine, but i just wanted to have your opinions about that, I was concerned the week i worked might hurt pgwp application. Thanks in advance.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello guys,
My work permit just got approved today after 7 months of waiting and 2X PGWP refusal.
I was out of status when I reapplied for the second time and 2 weeks ago they refused it. I didn’t contact CIC because I lose hope already. Luckily, I received an email from them on Dec31st to pay study permit and open work permit fees. So I called cic and the agent told me they reopened and reconsidered my file. And today I received an approval letter. God is good all the time!!
Why were you rejected?

Reactions: Flyfa