+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Naddie

Dec 13, 2019
Why were you rejected?
1st refusal: I only submitted one document for the proof of studies and they’re not satisfied
2nd refusal: i was under restoration and they rejected me bec i need a valid study permit to apply for PGWP. I need to restore my status as a student so i can apply for PGWP

richmond08

Jan 4, 2020
Hello guys,
My work permit just got approved today after 7 months of waiting and 2X PGWP refusal.
I was out of status when I reapplied for the second time and 2 weeks ago they refused it. I didn’t contact CIC because I lose hope already. Luckily, I received an email from them on Dec31st to pay study permit and open work permit fees. So I called cic and the agent told me they reopened and reconsidered my file. And today I received an approval letter. God is good all the time!!
Congrats, Naddie! I have the same problem with you and I'm still waiting for my 2nd PGWP application. I'm also losing hope and can't move forward with life, but I know that God is good all the time.

Last edited:

richmond08

Jan 4, 2020
Hi,
Applied [via mail/paper]: Oct 08, 2019 (2nd application; 1st got rejected)
Still waiting for confirmation..

Questions:
- Will I receive the confirmation/approval of the permit via paper too or e-mail?
- I have paid $455 total for reapplication of PGWP including restoration as a worker, will I still need to pay restoration of student permit or not anymore due to the new rules for SP? (I was back reading some of the posts and some people got refused because of lacking student permit restoration fee $150).
Thank you.

Last edited:

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi,
Applied [via mail/paper]: Oct 08, 2019 (2nd application; 1st got rejected)
Still waiting for confirmation..

Questions:
- Will I receive the confirmation/approval of the permit via paper too or e-mail?
- I have paid $455 total for reapplication of PGWP including restoration as a worker, will I still need to pay restoration of student permit or not anymore due to the new rules for SP? (I was back reading some of the posts and some people got refused because of lacking student permit restoration fee $150).
Thank you.
You need to apply online. you clearly have no problem using the online application portal, and you don't have a disability, you should not be applying on paper.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
I applied for SOWP extension on November 7,2019 based on my spouse PGWP .During my application I submitted employment letter of my spouse with NOC number,job title,hours per week and salary per annum etc but without job duties and responsibilities. Is it necessary to include job duties and responsibilities on employment letter? Now my spouse manager agreed to give me job duties and responsibilities on another separate paper so can I submit this letter via web form?
Hello,
It should be fine.
We also submitted just offer letter and paystubs.
We did not provide the duties.
Hope it helps.
Regards,
Hetal

richmond08

Jan 4, 2020
You need to apply online. you clearly have no problem using the online application portal, and you don't have a disability, you should not be applying on paper.
Will there be a problem if I applied PGWP through mail? I tried applying online but there was an error about my status expiry date (student permit was already expired when I reapplied but I'm not yet over 180 days for SP) that's why it wasn't allowing me to submit restoration as a worker + pgwp application at the same time. So, I asked an immigration lawyer to help me with the application and we submitted a web form but it will take 3-5 days working days for them to respond, since we don't have time to wait for it (my 90 days were running) we have decided to apply via paper/mail and attached the screenshot of the error that occurs whenever I try to upload the IMM form on my account. They received my application the following day Oct 08 and got my application number after 2mos.

dbs29

Jan 5, 2020
Hi,
I wanted to apply for PGWP and I am stuck on the Employment and job offer section.

College last date : Dec 13, 2019
Last date of Co-op: Dec 20,2019
Job offer : Dec 23,2019
Date of receiving my transcripts :Jan 3,2019

Following are my concerns:

1.From Dec 15 to Dec 20 I have worked as per my Co-op, will it be considered as unauthorized work.

2.I worked on Dec 23 and 24 and Jan 2 and 3 which comes under part time ,since I didn't work more than 20 hours

3.I am confused on the details to be be filled in job offer and Employment details in PGWP work permit application.

Reactions: Flyfa

Amit4545

Sep 6, 2019
PGWP declined by Border Services:- 05 Sep
Online Application: 12 Sep
Review:3 Jan
Approval:3 Jan
Got 3-years PGWP

Aji11

Dec 7, 2019
Which program were you in? MASc or MEng?
Hello Folks,
unfortunately, CIC Officer refused for my PGWP on NOV 15, 2019 with this reason:
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if they have continuously studied full time in Canada and have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in duration at a:
 University, community college, CEGEP,
 publicly funded trade/technical school or
 private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees

However I was full time student at Concordia and I got my master there . I was curious why they reject my application. I called them and I was advised its due to my Leave of Absence without privileges which I had in summer 2018 .
since summer is considers as regular schedule break in my program I took the summer off.
So I provided some precise information including :
Degree Conferred Letter showing that my degree has been awarded to me by Concordia University and stating that I was continuously studying full-time
2. The university’ ISO document which shows that Summer is a scheduled break at Concordia University
3. The IRCC tweet stating that if summer is a scheduled break you can take the summer off and be eligible for the PGWP
4. Attestation Letter from Concordia showing that I was full time in all the semesters
5. Information about the types of leaves at Concordia University: without privileges vs with access which is something internally.
and sent them trough IRCC web form and they verified the information I provided regarding my reconsideration request and have forwarded it to the responsible office on DEC 3,2019 .
Sadly, after passing 1 month I did not recieve any response regarding that issue . I called CIC again and they told me you have to apply for restoration of your study permit as well as PGWP in mail option as soon as possible .For your information my study permit was expired on Aug 31,2019 one month after I appiled for PGWP.
the agent told me you have to get 1 letter that shows you are still student and if not you have to get letter says that you are not student anymore as well as one another explanation letter regarding my problem.
Since this situation is so complicated ,I am asking for help or any comment that help me to get my PGWP status .
Thank you

Doomski

Nov 9, 2017
Hey Guys,
Anyone who was approved around 20 th Dec got their physical copies?
I got an approval letter stating that it has been mailed. It has been more than 2 weeks now.
I am based in Toronto.

Hassan17

Apr 2, 2019
Hi all.
I finished my studies ( 2 years diploma ) and now I m waiting for my college to process my diploma and transcript in order to apply for pgwp. I just got a new job last week, I worked full time for a week until I realized I’m only allowed to work part time while waiting for program completion documents so I switched my hours to part time. The lawyer i spoke with says i should be fine, but i just wanted to have your opinions about that, I was concerned the week i worked might hurt pgwp application. Others told me not declare that in my application. Thanks in advance.

sark759

Sep 30, 2019
Hi guys, I have applied for PGWP extension (I got my initial PGWP for less than 3 years due to expiry date of my Passport). I have sent my application through mail around a month ago, now I'm wondering if there is any way to check if IRCC has received my application or not? can someone help me?

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
I applied on Agu 27 and I am still waiting.
I think many people who applied end of Aug and beginning of Sep got approved their PGWP. I am so stressed. How to contact CIC ?
Hi
I applied on Aug 29, still I have not heard anything back. Did you get any update?