+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Got approved today November 6 applied July 15th. But my Owp got refused two days ago. Which is very odd. All documents were correct, payslips and employer letter. We made a single application, but it got processed in different days not sure why. Probably got refused because there was no pgwp at the time... I will flagpole later, can't afford to wait another 115 days.
You need 3 pay slips from a qualifying job (Cant remember the NoCs right now) for your spouse to get SOWP.

RickyNep

Feb 15, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Got my PGWP approved.
Timeline:
Applied: July 15
Eligibility Review: Nov 4
Approved: Nov 6
Work permit length: 3 Years
No approved notification on email.

There was one semester break. I was little bit worried because of semester break. But, got approved. All the best for waiting candidates.

Last edited:
Reactions: ErinB67

Davidaf

May 10, 2018
Montreal
You need 3 pay slips from a qualifying job (Cant remember the NoCs right now) for your spouse to get SOWP.
I provided all required docs. Maybe it's a good idea to wait some time before requesting SOWP. Heard some similar cases where applicants at same time get SOWP refused. I guess it depends on the officer mood.

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
Got my PGWP approved.
Timeline:
Applied: June 29
Eligibility Review: Oct 19
Approved: Nov 7
No notification on email.

For those of you that got the PGWP approved, how long was it before you got the approval letter in CIC account? Also, how long does it take to be shipped?

ErinB67

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Got my PGWP approved.
Timeline:
Applied: June 29
Eligibility Review: Oct 19
Approved: Nov 7
No notification on email.

For those of you that got the PGWP approved, how long was it before you got the approval letter in CIC account? Also, how long does it take to be shipped?
I got the email the following day and the physical document 1 week later

Reactions: Ferns_Ivy

Nmehtani864

Sep 20, 2019
I have a quick question so i applied with the help of representative, now i dont have any access is there is any possible way to track the application or know are they reviewing my eligibility or no....

Afroz2232

May 29, 2017
I have a quick question so i applied with the help of representative, now i dont have any access is there is any possible way to track the application or know are they reviewing my eligibility or no....
You call cic provide them with application number, they will give you an update.. on what date did you apply

Majesty1

Nov 2, 2019
Did you mean after applying for PGWP inside Canada, she left Canada then received the rejection news while she was still overseas? This is weird because she was refused on the basis of not being in Canada?
Yes she returned to her home after submission of application and returned to her home before her trv and study permit expired. Now, all has expired and got the news.

Majesty1

Nov 2, 2019
This is not correct, you can apply for pgwp & leave this is not a problem. So there is either something wrong with your friends app, she applied for wrong thing or ircc made a mistake if you are sure they made a mistake contact them and try to reopen the application.
Based on website information all information required was submitted and accordingly had all the requirements ...not sure if the mistake was returning home, however, she has reapplied from outside of Canada..hoping for a positive response.

Nmehtani864

Sep 20, 2019
You call cic provide them with application number, they will give you an update.. on what date did you apply
I called yesterday in the morning they said they are still working on 1 july applicants and my friends who applied with me on same date they got theirs but they didnt got any email just updated on the portal. So thats why i was wondering

Majesty1

Nov 2, 2019
maybe the program she took was not eligible to apply for pgwp since it said "not a person describe in Immigration who can apply to change conditions or to extend stay from within Canada"?
She had all the requirements, program inclusive...so we await a response now, she has applied again from outside!

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Based on website information all information required was submitted and accordingly had all the requirements ...not sure if the mistake was returning home, however, she has reapplied from outside of Canada..hoping for a positive response.
Apparently , rightly or wrongly , the visa officer (VO) may have a point. With her connection to Canada having been snapped by way of TRV and other permits expiry and she no longer being present in Canada , the VO deemed it to be application not being in Canada . A completely new line of thinking . Right or wrong can only be judged by , later on . It appears to be slightly harsh interpretation in as much as when the application was made she was in Canada , but the damage has been done for the moment.

Apparently new applicants need to be aware of this and avoid such situations.

apatelif

Oct 10, 2019
In my case, I also requested address change while waiting for PGWP to be processed. Once it got approved, the approval notice showed my old address and I got really worried that the work permit will be sent to my old address. However, in the end, and exactly 1 week later, I received the work permit at my new address lol...
thank god, fingers crossed