+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

macg

Sep 22, 2019
Apparently , rightly or wrongly , the visa officer (VO) may have a point. With her connection to Canada having been snapped by way of TRV and other permits expiry and she no longer being present in Canada , the VO deemed it to be application not being in Canada . A completely new line of thinking . Right or wrong can only be judged by , later on . It appears to be slightly harsh interpretation in as much as when the application was made she was in Canada , but the damage has been done for the moment.

Apparently new applicants need to be aware of this and avoid such situations.
Is this an actual rule? It's on the website? Cuz when I applied, my visa also expired, but my study permit was still valid and is still valid...

Afroz2232

May 29, 2017
I called yesterday in the morning they said they are still working on 1 july applicants and my friends who applied with me on same date they got theirs but they didnt got any email just updated on the portal. So thats why i was
wondering
you should probably get by think weekend or most likely by Monday

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Is this an actual rule? It's on the website? Cuz when I applied, my visa also expired, but my study permit was still valid and is still valid...
There is no such rule. You can apply with expired sp & visa as long as you have status such as visitor. And you can definitely leave canada after applying which doesn't affect your application. Something else was going on with that person.

Majesty1

Nov 2, 2019
There is no such rule. You can apply with expired sp & visa as long as you have status such as visitor. And you can definitely leave canada after applying which doesn't affect your application. Something else was going on with that person.
at the time of appication ,,her student permit and trv was valid...she left Canada after applying. those documents became expired when she returned home....again she met all the requirements stated on website

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
at the time of appication ,,her student permit and trv was valid...she left Canada after applying. those documents became expired when she returned home....again she met all the requirements stated on website
Leaving canada does not invalidate her pgwp application, again either there was something else wrong with her application or they made a huge mistake and she should have asked them to reopen the application.

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
In the US , applicants are advised by immigration lawyers not to leave the country on an ( deemed ) (implied) status unless they can return back on some other visa.
There have been many instance of the applicants in usa getting stranded in the home country after they have departed from USA . It takes many months to rectify the situation.
Apparently with this rejection , rightly or mistakenly , the above advise is now for Canada also.

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Did she put the mailing address as outside Canada ? ... If this be so , then the Visa officer would have a basis to give those comments/ reason (as stated by you in earlier comment )for the rejection .

Last edited:

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
There is no such rule. Such situations have not risen earlier. Earlier there were approvals ( I remember reading in this forum about applicant who went back to Nigeria ) .
This is new.
Apparently the facts in her case are still hazy .
In your case you still have a valid study permit, which she did not .

If there is a delay in your pgwp application and study permit expires then again you may fall in the above grey area as the facts become similar to her case . But as Bongoman says there is something missing about her application that is not available in this forum. Her facts could be different ( her mailing address ? or any thing else ) . Even a slight difference in facts change the whole scenario. So do not worry just now.

If you are in Canada you can continue with your implied status without any prejudice.

I am still new to this forum and therefore my views may be misplaced and open for corrections.

Last edited:

Majesty1

Nov 2, 2019
Leaving canada does not invalidate her pgwp application, again either there was something else wrong with her application or they made a huge mistake and she should have asked them to reopen the application.
i note and agree with you because it states that you can leave on website.a reason she decided to go home...so we will see...her application from outside and the process actually has begun they have asked for biometrics

Majesty1

Nov 2, 2019
There is no such rule. Such situations have not risen earlier. Earlier there were approvals ( I remember reading in this forum about applicant who went back to Nigeria ) .
This is new.
Apparently the facts in her case are still hazy .
In your case you still have a valid study permit, which she did not .

If there is a delay in your pgwp application and study permit expires then again you may fall in the above grey area as the facts become similar to her case . But as Bongman says there is something missing about her application that is not available in this forum. Her facts could be different ( her mailing address ? or any thing else ) . Even a slight difference in facts change the whole scenario. So do not worry just now.

If you are in Canada you can continue with your implied status without any prejudice.

I am still new to this forum and therefore my views may be misplaced and open for corrections.
we

We too would like to know reason if there was something else missing as she was compliant with their rules and regulations...will see how it goes