+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

kim hdez

Jul 16, 2012
Hi guys, I doubt anyone has come across this but maybe. I purchased a vehicle in August when I didn't really know how long this permit takes to process, my license expired since I wasn't driving and when I tried to renew my license after I applied they said I had to wait until it shows approved to do anything. The seller has been very kind letting me keep the car at his place and keep his plate on it but its been three and half months since I applied (July 25th). The seller now needs his plate and if left without one they will tow it away. Someone from July 24th was approved on Monday so I thought I would hear back this week but I haven't. Any recommendations?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi guys, I doubt anyone has come across this but maybe. I purchased a vehicle in August when I didn't really know how long this permit takes to process, my license expired since I wasn't driving and when I tried to renew my license after I applied they said I had to wait until it shows approved to do anything. The seller has been very kind letting me keep the car at his place and keep his plate on it but its been three and half months since I applied (July 25th). The seller now needs his plate and if left without one they will tow it away. Someone from July 24th was approved on Monday so I thought I would hear back this week but I haven't. Any recommendations?
Check what the actual rules are where you live, a lot of places you can either have an unplated car in your driveway or you need to put one of those plastic covers on it or find a garage to store it.

thejaffa

Aug 7, 2019
Hi,
I recently got my PGWP approved, so yay!
I just have a few questions regarding my TRV application. I apologize in advance if this isn't the right forum.
1. Would it be okay to apply for the TRV with the approval letter or should I wait for the original document to arrive?
2. Would it be okay if I mention that I only have $3K in my bank account?
3. Do I need to give biometrics? The CIC website has me slightly confused. I'm currently in Canada if that helps.
Thank you for your help!

Reactions: jvnjie

jvnjie

Oct 22, 2019
Hi,
I recently got my PGWP approved, so yay!
I just have a few questions regarding my TRV application. I apologize in advance if this isn't the right forum.
1. Would it be okay to apply for the TRV with the approval letter or should I wait for the original document to arrive?
2. Would it be okay if I mention that I only have $3K in my bank account?
3. Do I need to give biometrics? The CIC website has me slightly confused. I'm currently in Canada if that helps.
Thank you for your help!
Hi Would you mind share your timeline plz :)

jaydenpereira

Sep 23, 2019
I applied for PGWP on July 4th, got approval on October 24th. Got the physical work permit in the mail on the 28th, so it takes 3-4 business days to arrive via mail.
I applied for TRV on the 27th of October with just in Canada approval letter and less than 5k balance however included pay stubs and employment letter.

I was worried that since I didn't apply with the physical permit which I received just one day after submission. Rather than re-applying I decided to add my work permit via web form on October 30th.
TRV processing took longer than the posted one week time period, Got the letter to send passport via mail to Ottawa on November 7th.

Curious to know if anyone knows how long it takes to stamp passport with visa via Canada Post.

Simonesra

Jun 20, 2019
Hi guys
I applied for Work Permit extension (LMIA exempt)
Is it hard to find the timeline for that category? Because I can not find it
Thanks

macg

Sep 22, 2019
My friend who applied on July 18th was approved this past Friday. I think this is the latest approval date that I know of...

Reactions: Simonesra