+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Amit4545

Sep 6, 2019
Hi everyone, my application has been refused because I do not meet requirements. I gave them everything they need and might need. I don't know what to do.. I'm devastated. No updates throughout the weeks but just received the letter now. What do I do? Should I immediately apply for restoration status? and lawyer up? I have a job lined up and they are willing to provide me with a letter but which path do I take? I also have a partner that I have been with for 4 years. Do I apply for restoration then pick to go the common-law route? or do I go through my work?
I am in the same boat. I applied on 12-Sep & waiting for the decision. What did you do after this? Any Updates?

Amit4545

Sep 6, 2019
Did you get refused? Why?
PGWP was refused from border services on 05-SEP-2019. They told me that you are not a full-time student throughout your studies. I studied 2 years program at Sheridan College.

First 2 semesters regular from SEP-17 to April-18 then I had summer break from May-18 to Aug-18 then I had 3rd semester from SEP-18 to Dec-18 but

I failed in one course out of seven so I retook and completed that course in my second official break starting from JAN-2019 to APR-2019. My 4th Sem was from MAY-2019 to AUG-2019.My overall GPA is 3.20. Just because I completed my one Pre-Req. Course in second official Break they refused my work-permit.

For new Application, I discussed this matter with my college and they have given me a letter confirming that break was scheduled and I have completed my failed course during that scheduled break.

Again applied online on Sep-12 including explanation letter along with letter from college.

Abby000

Nov 12, 2019
Guys,
I applied on june 27th and yet here is no update.
I even contacted ircc last week and all they said was " its under process and we are still working on 25th june applications ".
I have lost many job offers because of the late processing:(

poojamangalam

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Guys,
I applied on june 27th and yet here is no update.
I even contacted ircc last week and all they said was " its under process and we are still working on 25th june applications ".
I have lost many job offers because of the late processing:(
you should contact them again as right now they are working on July applications.