+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
As far as I know when you're submitting documents it sais either submit school transcript or the letter of completion. I submitted the transcript.
Yes, I know my chcecklist only said completion letter. However, later I uploaded the Transcript via web form to be safe. Also, I have seen people in this fourm being asked for Transacript when they were reviewing the eligibity.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
So someone received their PGWP today, which means officers works on weekends?
No. It could be that the application was approved Friday but the message only came later. There's always a lag between the two. If you log on to check it should be "real time". For example I kept checking my TRV application and one morning I noticed the status change several times because that was the exact time the officer was working on my file. By the end of the day it was approved, but the approval message only came 1 day later.

Hi everyone,
Need your help. Just wanna know if someone has already applied for TRV after getting PGWP, what checklist does it create? Mine is only showing IMM 5257e and 5257b, Copy of work permit, passport and picture. Is that enough?
Does it ask for schedule 1? I'm not familar with the codes but for me they asked for the family info and schedule 1 which were "optional" but i filled them in anyway.

In any case the TRV from within Canada has very little documentation. Certainly no need to prove your finances or anything like that.

Jillm

Dec 15, 2018
Hi !

I was approved for a year, which doesn’t make sense cause my passport does not expire in three years.

My program was for Two years!
Not sure what to do
Please reach them through webform with the proper documentation’s do not delay. Write a letter of explanation and send all information including your approval letter.

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
Hey guys,

I was hoping for some clarity on some issues. I have applied for my PGWP on June 27th and am awaiting a decision. In the meantime, my study permit and TRV are expiring at the end of August. Will I be directly have implied status or do I have to separately apply for it/apply to extend stay?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Mani809

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
MK!!!!! You are here! I thought you forgot about us

Congrax!!! Finally....tomorrow is yours :)
Thanks yay-321. But I always looking on this thread, but I don’t have something to post. Today I checked my account and saw update. So post immediately. Hope so I will get my permit tomorrow☺

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hey guys,

I was hoping for some clarity on some issues. I have applied for my PGWP on June 27th and am awaiting a decision. In the meantime, my study permit and TRV are expiring at the end of August. Will I be directly have implied status or do I have to separately apply for it/apply to extend stay?

Thanks for your help in advance,
You were on implied status from the day you applied if you made a valid application, this is why you can work full time as soon as you apply.
Your implied status will continue until you receive a decision.

However your TRV is expired so if you leave Canada you cant come back until you get PGWP and then apply for new TRV.

Reactions: Ferns_Ivy

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
You were on implied status from the day you applied if you made a valid application, this is why you can work full time as soon as you apply.
Your implied status will continue until you receive a decision.

However your TRV is expired so if you leave Canada you cant come back until you get PGWP and then apply for new TRV.
Thank you for the info! I plan to stay in Canada until I get my PGWP so it shouldn't be a problem i guess.

Mohinder

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 sep 2010
Doc's Request.
3 mar 2011
Med's Request
25 july 2012
Med's Done....
Re-Medical Again July 2013
Passport Req..
25 july 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Baba Ji Jo Tuade Mauj
LANDED..........
Baba Ji Jo Tuade Mauj
Extend Open Work Permit based on Spouse PGWP.

Where do I find the eligibility requirements where it says spouse need to working full time in NOC A, B & O.

I am not able to find the link, So please share the link where I can read these details. Thanks