+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Akahdhdhdhdh

Oct 26, 2017
Hi,
I am a graduate student in a university in Ontario. My program length is 16 months with 4 terms(no summer break). But the official letter that we receive from university says that course length is 16 months as far as I know. Do the visa officers even look at the number of terms?
I am really nervous about the pgwp duration I 'll be receiving in my case. Did anybody experience the same situation.
Thanks in advance
If the course is for 2 years , they should mention 2 years. Because they look for duration on completion letter and if it say 16 months, they might give you for 16 months. So correct the letter from school before applying pgwp.

anshuaka12

Aug 23, 2019
If the course is for 2 years , they should mention 2 years. Because they look for duration on completion letter and if it say 16 months, they might give you for 16 months. So correct the letter from school before applying pgwp.
But the actual duration of my course is 16 months itself bcz for me summer is not off. So not in any circumstances will the univ write as 2 yrs.

HemaGowda

Mar 22, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
Thank you for pointing that out! Indeed I went right after sending that message yesterday to my account, and checked the box. I got a "no update" email right after checking it.

I checked my account today again and saw that my PGWP had been approved! Yayy! I still havent received a message though, I just saw it in the updates showing my applications Final Decision.

So for my timeline:

Applied : March 15
No Update email: April 27
Application Approved: April 28.

Total waiting days: 44 days

Still waiting on the approval email/message.

However, I applied for my PGWP outside canada. I am wondering what to do now about the TRV application, hopefully they mention that in my letter because my TRV is expired now.
Hi know this is very old post. However if you come online please do respond back.
Was it same as application within Canada?
I'm going to use overseas application too and what are the documents that you uploaded and how long will it take for them to process if it's going to be overseas.
TIA

AriaFarsi

Jun 11, 2019
I got my PGWP on Aug 24
Applied on May 17th
No update at all
Sent a webform on the 23rd
Just so you know guys the only pece of doc proving my graduation that I had submitted was the a letter saying that "Mr.X has finished his studies and is going to receive his degree on July 4th" no transcript or whatsover!
If they need more documents,they will ask for it, I have seen some people here misinforming others and saying things like "If you dont submitt your transcript,yout application will get rejected and stuff like that"

b4sn

Aug 18, 2019
Do I need to apply for a new SIN when I get my pgwp. It doesn’t expire till December tho, i just don’t know if there’s a difference as a student or a worker

homeperson

Jan 24, 2019
Hi everyone,
Need your help. Just wanna know if someone has already applied for TRV after getting PGWP, what checklist does it create? Mine is only showing IMM 5257e and 5257b, Copy of work permit, passport and picture. Is that enough?
Just worried if I am doing right or not.
Your reply will be appreciated,
Thanks in advance.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I got my PGWP on Aug 24
Applied on May 17th
No update at all
Sent a webform on the 23rd
Just so you know guys the only pece of doc proving my graduation that I had submitted was the a letter saying that "Mr.X has finished his studies and is going to receive his degree on July 4th" no transcript or whatsover!
If they need more documents,they will ask for it, I have seen some people here misinforming others and saying things like "If you dont submitt your transcript,yout application will get rejected and stuff like that"
You got lucky, this is not good advice. Submit everything that is required, people do get rejected.

Reactions: yay_321

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Do I need to apply for a new SIN when I get my pgwp. It doesn’t expire till December tho, i just don’t know if there’s a difference as a student or a worker
No you dont, SIN remains the same unless you become a permanent resident. You should get the expiry date extended before it expires.