+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

manpreetchahal33

May 16, 2019
I attached unofficial transcript (College Website) and Completion letter for PGWP Application. Do I need to send them Official transcript as well or it should be okay. I was trying to send them through web form but i could not see any option to attach document, where to attach the document?
Thanks

Ronaldomessi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2019
AOR Received.
29-Aug-2019
I attached unofficial transcript (College Website) and Completion letter for PGWP Application. Do I need to send them Official transcript as well or it should be okay. I was trying to send them through web form but i could not see any option to attach document, where to attach the document?
Thanks
Cic website says completion letter
And
Unofficial or official transcript is needed.
There is no need to send official transcript

Ronaldomessi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2019
AOR Received.
29-Aug-2019
Thanks
Before you can apply for a PGWP, you’ll need:

• an official letter from your school that confirms you’ve completed your study program
  • an official transcript, or a copy of your transcript from your school’s website

manpreetchahal33

May 16, 2019
Cic website says completion letter
And
Unofficial or official transcript is needed.
There is no need to send official transcript
-------------------
Okay then it should be good. because when I applied there was only one option Of submitting completion letter. so what i did i combined both pdf (completion letter + unofficial transcript) together and attached it.
but thank you for your reply....
what i am hearing and saw on cic website that we don't need to hold valid study permit anymore for applying pgwp. is that correct? just for the information...

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
-------------------
Okay then it should be good. because when I applied there was only one option Of submitting completion letter. so what i did i combined both pdf (completion letter + unofficial transcript) together and attached it.
what i am hearing and saw on cic website that we don't need to hold valid study permit anymore for applying pgwp. is that correct? just for the information...
yes, you do not need a valid study permit for applying the PGWP now, but you have 180days to apply since you graduated from college.

Ronaldomessi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2019
AOR Received.
29-Aug-2019
Yes
But to work after applying pgwp
Cic website says
You can work full-time while waiting for a decision on your post-graduation work permit application if, at the time you submitted your application, you:

• had a valid study permit,
-------------------
ut

Don2019

Aug 26, 2019
Applied on paper May 1, they received my application May 9. Still waiting. I started my full time job since May 1. Currently on implied status. Already a regular employee. Waiting game is just stressful!

vr666

Apr 5, 2018
I got my PGWP on Aug 24
Applied on May 17th
No update at all
Sent a webform on the 23rd
Just so you know guys the only pece of doc proving my graduation that I had submitted was the a letter saying that "Mr.X has finished his studies and is going to receive his degree on July 4th" no transcript or whatsover!
If they need more documents,they will ask for it, I have seen some people here misinforming others and saying things like "If you dont submitt your transcript,yout application will get rejected and stuff like that"
Just a quick question, so when you submitted your application, was there only one option for degree completion letter, or was another option for transcript and you just chose not to submit it? I mean, now there are two mandatory files need to be submitted, both the letter and the transcript.

vcferraz

Aug 14, 2019
After 109 days, Finally, I got approved yesterday. Eligibility started August 25th. My family also got approved: Work Permit for my wife and visitor for my 2 sons.

Reactions: naveen4848