+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
Where do find the processing times? The cic website seems to only give processing times for work permit but not PGWP specifically.

singh2493

Aug 27, 2019
Where do find the processing times? The cic website seems to only give processing times for work permit but not PGWP specifically.
Google check pgwp processing time and then select the appropriate option and there it is written 99 days for processing time

mm78

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
I applied for a PGWP on May 24 and my wife is on an open work permit. She will apply for a work permit extension once my application is approved. Will her application take 3 months to be approved or it will be shorter as she is accompanying me in Canada (I am the main applicant). Please help if you can.

Akd.Mi.yu

Aug 28, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Please help me to solve my unusual situation!

I got my PGWP today and I found my work permit issued beyond of my passport expiry!

My PGWP valid for 3 years until 2022 August but my passport will be expired on 2021 July!

As I know I cannot get PGWP validity beyond my passport expiry, even though I am eligible to get 3 years based on my academic program.

So I am very worried for this situation. My study permit, SIN and TRV already expired and I got my PGWP today after 106 days and I thought I will renew my SIN tomorrow! but there is an issue in my work permit!

So please give some advice guys! What should I do! Should I call IRCC!
I have to renew my expired TRV as soon as I can, so can I apply TRV with this wrong PGWP?

Please guys help me! and experienced members please give me some advices!

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Please help me to solve my unusual situation!

I got my PGWP today and I found my work permit issued beyond of my passport expiry!

My PGWP valid for 3 years until 2022 August but my passport will be expired on 2021 July!

As I know I cannot get PGWP validity beyond my passport expiry, even though I am eligible to get 3 years based on my academic program.

So I am very worried for this situation. My study permit, SIN and TRV already expired and I got my PGWP today after 106 days and I thought I will renew my SIN tomorrow! but there is an issue in my work permit!

So please give some advice guys! What should I do! Should I call IRCC!
I have to renew my expired TRV as soon as I can, so can I apply TRV with this wrong PGWP?

Please guys help me! and experienced members please give me some advices!
There is no issue, just enjoy ur pgwp

Reactions: Akd.Mi.yu

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Any updates today???? Anxiousness increases with every passing day
Like this one another person said in the forum, they only work every alternate week

Last week they were working and cleared applications up till 18 May, 2019 (considering the google sheet)... and now this week they were supposed to work on files starting from May 19 and nothing seems to have happened except for a couple people.

Last week they progressed so quick, this week its very slow....