+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

vp2019

Jul 15, 2019
Hey guys, I applied on June 12th.

If I wanted to submit additional documents for my applications how would I go about doing it and if I did, would it delay my application even further?

Thank you.

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019

If I wanted to submit additional documents for my applications how would I go about doing it and if I did, would it delay my application even further?

Thank you.
I submitted additional documents and agent said it will take 10-15 days for officer to see the new documents on my file. Agent put a note on my application informing there is additional documents coming through webform.

So Yes. If you want officer to see your additional documents on your file, you should wait until it is uploaded.

SHsc

Aug 16, 2019
100 days passed! No updates!☹☹☹

Hello Guys,

I want yours kind consideration to give me some advise. Actually I wanna share some thoughts with you and I will be really grateful to you if you share your experiences.

So I came here in canada 2014 and enrolled in DLI listed flight school to get my pilot licences. You know pilot training sometimes take long time due to weather and other kinds of considerable issues. I enrolled there as a full time student and studied continuously almost three years and completed major portions of program, but I didn’t get my licenses that time. In 2017 I changed my mind to do rest of the flight training later and joined an advanced diploma program in aviation at Seneca and I successfully completed this program with full time status and very nice results.

From 2014 to until now I had full time status, I notified cic when I changed school, I didn’t work during that time when I changed school, even though I never worked more than 20 hours during regular school semester.

Finally I applied my pgwp on time and still waiting. It’s almost 100 days but still processing. I submitted all required documents and talked to them once to ask why they are taking long time, they informed me they didn’t start review my eligibility yet and I am not hearing anything until now. My study permit already expired, I know its not a problem that I am on implied stutus.

Could you please let me know is there any chance to get PGWP refusal due to change school without finishing the program?

I am eagerly waiting for response from you guys.

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
100 days passed! No updates!☹☹☹

Hello Guys,

I want yours kind consideration to give me some advise. Actually I wanna share some thoughts with you and I will be really grateful to you if you share your experiences.

So I came here in canada 2014 and enrolled in DLI listed flight school to get my pilot licences. You know pilot training sometimes take long time due to weather and other kinds of considerable issues. I enrolled there as a full time student and studied continuously almost three years and completed major portions of program, but I didn’t get my licenses that time. In 2017 I changed my mind to do rest of the flight training later and joined an advanced diploma program in aviation at Seneca and I successfully completed this program with full time status and very nice results.

From 2014 to until now I had full time status, I notified cic when I changed school, I didn’t work during that time when I changed school, even though I never worked more than 20 hours during regular school semester.

Finally I applied my pgwp on time and still waiting. It’s almost 100 days but still processing. I submitted all required documents and talked to them once to ask why they are taking long time, they informed me they didn’t start review my eligibility yet and I am not hearing anything until now. My study permit already expired, I know its not a problem that I am on implied stutus.

Could you please let me know is there any chance to get PGWP refusal due to change school without finishing the program?

I am eagerly waiting for response from you guys.
I think cic does not count the program you didn’t finish. As long as I know, they will count a program you had completed and that’s why they require program completion letter.

Changing the program won’t affect your pgwp.

So your pgwp period will depend only on the duration of the new program you have completed.

Reactions: SHsc

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
I think cic does not count the program you didn’t finish. As long as I know, they will count a program you had completed and that’s why they require program completion letter.

Changing the program won’t affect your pgwp.

So your pgwp period will depend only on the duration of the new program you have completed.
I don’t think you should be worried, as long as you finished the second program and meet the requirements you should be fine. I know people that changed schools and still got their Pgwp, so don’t stress.

Reactions: SHsc and qweqwe

CindyRen

Jul 21, 2019
Hello, can anyone assist me with this: "application for study permit is in queue and waiting to be reviewed by an officer". My start date for class will be on September 3, 2019, so now I am wondering if I will make in time. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Enijessy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Hello, can anyone assist me with this: "application for study permit is in queue and waiting to be reviewed by an officer". My start date for class will be on September 3, 2019, so now I am wondering if I will make in time. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Did you apply online or paper ? Also have they started reviewing your eligibility or background check?

IamBeingPatient

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017

Thank you.
If they need any additional documents they'll ask when they are reviewing your eligibility. Just keep them handy and upload them once they ask for it. They usually give you a week to upload them though.