+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Pileaficus

Aug 18, 2019
Applied on June 6th? your waiting time is 73 days, not 85 days. And now I believe the newest applications got approved is on May 15th.
Sorry, you are right! Does this mean I have more days to wait? I checked processing times for my application and it says 99 days. I was wondering if in some cases they will approve before or much later than 99 days. I've sent everything they required but no follow up since day 1.

vp2019

Jul 15, 2019
You can submit additional docs by web form, I would say not submiting additional documents (that are necessary to the application) may delay your application because they will ask for those documents later when they review your eligibity and then give you a week to upload it and even if you upload them on day 1, they get like a buffer time to wait for a week.

Like Iambeingpatient had to wait for 14-15 days to get approved after they asked for additional docs (transcript). Am I right Iambeingpatient?

I did not know that the Transcript was necessary so I did not upload it with my application, but 2-3 weekes later when I learned that it is important then I uploaded it via web form and after 3-4 days I got a ghost update in my online login gc key, someone probably linked my transcript to my application.
I see, thanks so much!

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I think cic does not count the program you didn’t finish. As long as I know, they will count a program you had completed and that’s why they require program completion letter.

Changing the program won’t affect your pgwp.

So your pgwp period will depend only on the duration of the new program you have completed.
Hey guys, I have a question - I know when you're on implied status you're allowed to legally work in Canada, but can you get paid as well(before the PGWP gets approved)? The thing is, the company that I'm working for says I need to provide them with an official work permit otherwise they can't pay me. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
My advisor said employer/ sometimes don’t know about the immigration rules and are afraid to violate the rules. So I think that’s why the company said that. Explain that you can work and should be paid for it providing them proper explanation given in government website. As fas as I know, you should be paid and I am being paid.

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Hey guys, I have a question - I know when you're on implied status you're allowed to legally work in Canada, but can you get paid as well(before the PGWP gets approved)? The thing is, the company that I'm working for says I need to provide them with an official work permit otherwise they can't pay me. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Of course you can get paid. Your SIN should still be active during implied status (a friend of mine was on implied status for more than 5 months, receiving money regularly). They don't really need a work permit, but a valid SIN in order to pay you. You have to explain to them why you don't have a valid work permit though. Without compromising your privacy, you might be able to show them you have an application in process.

Also, show them this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Nn6

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Of course you can get paid. Your SIN should still be active during implied status (a friend of mine was on implied status for more than 5 months, receiving money regularly). They don't really need a work permit, but a valid SIN in order to pay you. You have to explain to them why you don't have a valid work permit though. Without compromising your privacy, you might be able to show them you have an application in process.

Also, show them this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html
My SIN is also expired on 31 July and I am also in implied status.can I work full time or not?

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
My SIN is also expired on 31 July and I am also in implied status.can I work full time or not?
Go right away to Service Canada with all your documentation (the confirmation that IRCC got your work permit application) to get this sorted out. I'm not sure you can continue to use the expired SIN, but they will be able to tell you what to do. Please report back on the forum for the others.

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Go right away to Service Canada with all your documentation (the confirmation that IRCC got your work permit application) to get this sorted out. I'm not sure you can continue to use the expired SIN, but they will be able to tell you what to do. Please report back on the forum for the others.
To the best of my knowledge, one can't renew their SIN without a valid permit. They will require you to show the valid permit before they can renew the SIN. I may be wrong, however @Nn6 if you reach Service Canada please let us know what they say.

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
To the best of my knowledge, one can't renew their SIN without a valid permit. They will require you to show the valid permit before they can renew the SIN. I may be wrong, however @Nn6 if you reach Service Canada please let us know what they say.
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html Go this website and click on the links for original documents. You need to have your work permit in order to renew your SIN. If you are working and the HR in your company asks for your valid SIN, explain to them that you are waiting for your work permit and give them the proof of submission available on your CIC profile, that usually suffices and most times they will tell you to update them in 30 days (within which time, we should have gotten the PGWP)