+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

SHsc

Aug 16, 2019
I think cic does not count the program you didn’t finish. As long as I know, they will count a program you had completed and that’s why they require program completion letter.

Changing the program won’t affect your pgwp.

So your pgwp period will depend only on the duration of the new program you have completed.
Thanks for your response...

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
100 days passed! No updates!☹☹☹

Hello Guys,

I want yours kind consideration to give me some advise. Actually I wanna share some thoughts with you and I will be really grateful to you if you share your experiences.

So I came here in canada 2014 and enrolled in DLI listed flight school to get my pilot licences. You know pilot training sometimes take long time due to weather and other kinds of considerable issues. I enrolled there as a full time student and studied continuously almost three years and completed major portions of program, but I didn’t get my licenses that time. In 2017 I changed my mind to do rest of the flight training later and joined an advanced diploma program in aviation at Seneca and I successfully completed this program with full time status and very nice results.

From 2014 to until now I had full time status, I notified cic when I changed school, I didn’t work during that time when I changed school, even though I never worked more than 20 hours during regular school semester.

Finally I applied my pgwp on time and still waiting. It’s almost 100 days but still processing. I submitted all required documents and talked to them once to ask why they are taking long time, they informed me they didn’t start review my eligibility yet and I am not hearing anything until now. My study permit already expired, I know its not a problem that I am on implied stutus.

Could you please let me know is there any chance to get PGWP refusal due to change school without finishing the program?

I am eagerly waiting for response from you guys.

Totally fine , you will get approved.

Why did you take 3 years to change ?
I did my flight training and withdrew in 9 months to do it part time , and now enrolled for a full time course at a different college.
Which flight school were you enrolled in ?

SHsc

Aug 16, 2019
Totally fine , you will get approved.

Why did you take 3 years to change ?
I did my flight training and withdrew in 9 months to do it part time , and now enrolled for a full time course at a different college.
Which flight school were you enrolled in ?
I enrolled in 2.5 years integrated program with Flight instructor rating. Before leaving that program I just got CPL only. I did not get MEIR, ATPL written and FI Rating....

vr666

Apr 5, 2018
Hey guys, just a quick question, is transcript really mandatory to upload? Because I knew a few friends only uploaded either a letter or diploma, and they got their PGWP, without transcript.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hey guys, just a quick question, is transcript really mandatory to upload? Because I knew a few friends only uploaded either a letter or diploma, and they got their PGWP, without transcript.
Previously it wasen't, but now it is, if you dont upload they will ask you at the end when they are reviewing your eligibity.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hey guys, I applied on June 12th.

If I wanted to submit additional documents for my applications how would I go about doing it and if I did, would it delay my application even further?

Thank you.
You can submit additional docs by web form, I would say not submiting additional documents (that are necessary to the application) may delay your application because they will ask for those documents later when they review your eligibity and then give you a week to upload it and even if you upload them on day 1, they get like a buffer time to wait for a week.

Like Iambeingpatient had to wait for 14-15 days to get approved after they asked for additional docs (transcript). Am I right Iambeingpatient?

I did not know that the Transcript was necessary so I did not upload it with my application, but 2-3 weekes later when I learned that it is important then I uploaded it via web form and after 3-4 days I got a ghost update in my online login gc key, someone probably linked my transcript to my application.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hey Guys!

All of you who got the PGWP, what is your case type?
And in the bottom of the Physical Document does it have any restrictions?

I am assuming these are the same for everyone.

IamBeingPatient

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
You can submit additional docs by web form, I would say not submiting additional documents (that are necessary to the application) may delay your application because they will ask for those documents later when they review your eligibity and then give you a week to upload it and even if you upload them on day 1, they get like a buffer time to wait for a week.

Like Iambeingpatient had to wait for 14-15 days to get approved after they asked for additional docs (transcript). Am I right Iambeingpatient?

I did not know that the Transcript was necessary so I did not upload it with my application, but 2-3 weekes later when I learned that it is important then I uploaded it via web form and after 3-4 days I got a ghost update in my online login gc key, someone probably linked my transcript to my application.
Actually they approved my application within 2 days after I uploaded my transcripts. My eligibility review started on 31st July. But they didn't ask for the transcripts until 14th August.

vr666

Apr 5, 2018
Previously it wasen't, but now it is, if you dont upload they will ask you at the end when they are reviewing your eligibity.
Thank you, may I ask one more question? Was that a fairly new change? Or it's been like this for a while? My friend applied pgwp in Jan. 2019, got his pgwp without uploading transcript in May.

Reactions: AriaFarsi

rudy_rudy

Jul 20, 2018
Hey guys, I have a question - I know when you're on implied status you're allowed to legally work in Canada, but can you get paid as well(before the PGWP gets approved)? The thing is, the company that I'm working for says I need to provide them with an official work permit otherwise they can't pay me. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.