+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

curiousmind91

Dec 3, 2017
Hi guys,

PGWP application was submitted on August 18, 2017. Have not heard anything since then.

IRCC website says:

Work permit extension (new employer)
These applications can be submitted online or by paper.
55 days ?
Working on applications received on September 22, 2017.

Please advice what to do next.

Thanks in advance.
Did you submit online or by paper?

I am in the same boat, I applied for my PGWP on 8th September and no updates till now.
My study permit and Visa expired on 30th Nov'17 and 1 Dec 17 respectively. I have sent 3 web-forms already to inquire about the status of my application (in my online account it shows in progress, but is way longer than the normal processing time) but i get an email response after 5 days saying fill another webform if you still haven't received a response on your prev. webform. I called the CIC call center and after 4 days of constant calling and 45 mins of waiting, I spoke to an agent who confused me more on the processing time. She said they will count the processing time from the day they start working on the application, but I believe this is wrong info as it is clearly mentioned on the website that it is from the day they receive the application (confirmation of application) which for me was Sept 10th.

I still have my implied status and everything, but I'm worried now since its taking much longer than it should.
My friend applied for the same on 22 sept and he received his PGWP 2 weeks back, so I'm not really sure why my application is taking this long.

But on the bright side, when I had applied for my study permit extension earlier, it took a month longer than the normal processing time but I got it. So It's just a waiting game maybe.
Keep calm, good vibes. Let me know if there's any update.

curiousmind91

Dec 3, 2017
any one here with application around 8th September? They are currently working on applications received on 4th Oct, mine was 8th September.. still no updates. Called CIC and sent Webforms, not useful. Very Nervous!! :(

Whatever123

Dec 5, 2017
Any news? I submitted my application online on Sept 11. Waited for 85 days. No updates at all. My study permit and SIN expired in Nov. I have a job offer. But now I dunno what to do. Frustrated

Whatever123

Dec 5, 2017
any one here with application around 8th September? They are currently working on applications received on 4th Oct, mine was 8th September.. still no updates. Called CIC and sent Webforms, not useful. Very Nervous!! :(

I submitted mine on Sept 11. Study expired expired in Nov. No updates. Frustrated. I might lose my job offer.

Whatever123

Dec 5, 2017
Should've done flapping before my study permit expires. Now I can't. This is ridiculous. Shouldn't have waited for the online application. They can't meet the processing time or study permit expiration date.

They don't prioritize applications with job offers. Implied status is not useful. Some companies don't wanna hire ppl who might get refused anytime. With the sin being expired too, who lets you start. Nothing is clear. Even they can't meet the processing time, they should at least process applications before study permit expire. This is a mess. The implied status is useless companies are not confident in it.

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Should've done flapping before my study permit expires. Now I can't. This is ridiculous. Shouldn't have waited for the online application. They can't meet the processing time or study permit expiration date.

They don't prioritize applications with job offers. Implied status is not useful. Some companies don't wanna hire ppl who might get refused anytime. With the sin being expired too, who lets you start. Nothing is clear. Even they can't meet the processing time, they should at least process applications before study permit expire. This is a mess. The implied status is useless companies are not confident in it.
Sin number expired doesn't really matter. I called Service Canada and they said as long as you are under implied status you can use the number and when you get your permit go there and they will update your file.

Whatever123

Dec 5, 2017
Sin number expired doesn't really matter. I called Service Canada and they said as long as you are under implied status you can use the number and when you get your permit go there and they will update your file.

But I need to change my job. I have a new job offer. I am afraid the new employer can’t hire me. Who wants to hire someone who might get a refusal anytime. So the implied status idea doesn’t reli help new job offers.