+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Yvline123

Nov 17, 2017
Share my timeline to help you!

Applied: Sep.12
Confirmation: Sep.12
Approved: December 1
E-mail: December 2
Received: December 7

Good luck everyone!

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Does any of you know If I can work full-time after I have finished classes (As of May 1st, 2018) until I get the letter from the school saying I have completed all my program which I will use to apply for the PGWP?

For example: I complete my courses/exam/program as of April 30th, 2018.

Then I have to wait until the school give me the letter of completion of studies which is needed for the PGWP application, but lets say the school take 15 days to process that letter.

So I won't be able to apply those 15 days but I will be done with school.

Can I still work (full-time) during those 15 days given that I have not applied for the PGWP yet?

Thanks!!!

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Does any of you know If I can work full-time after I have finished classes (As of May 1st, 2018) until I get the letter from the school saying I have completed all my program which I will use to apply for the PGWP?

For example: I complete my courses/exam/program as of April 30th, 2018.

Then I have to wait until the school give me the letter of completion of studies which is needed for the PGWP application, but lets say the school take 15 days to process that letter.

So I won't be able to apply those 15 days but I will be done with school.

Can I still work (full-time) during those 15 days given that I have not applied for the PGWP yet?

Thanks!!!
No you can't work until you apply for PGWP, as then you will be on implied status. Generally the letter is just to say you have completed your studies. School should be able to process that quite quickly. I went to the office in my school and they processed it the next day after the course co-ordinator gave them the go ahead.

Vik86

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Hi i applied for my sister on august 10 and havent heard anything since then. Called and emailed them they just say wait .. nothing else..
Hi guys,

PGWP application was submitted on August 18, 2017. Have not heard anything since then.

IRCC website says:

Work permit extension (new employer)
These applications can be submitted online or by paper.
55 days ?
Working on applications received on September 22, 2017.

Please advice what to do next.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE

letbx

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Category........
CEC
Applied Oct 8.
Still waiting
Got an email on Dec 5 that there is an update to my application, but nothing showed up.