+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Vik86

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
any one here with application around 8th September? They are currently working on applications received on 4th Oct, mine was 8th September.. still no updates. Called CIC and sent Webforms, not useful. Very Nervous!! :(
Dont worry ! August 10 here , not a single update since then, called , sent webform , they say just wait

courtney

Dec 14, 2017
Hi All, I applied my PGWP via mail to Vegreville in November before I got my job offer 1 week later. Since the current processing time is more than 100 days, I'd like to get my PGWP soon as per request from my employer. However, I have reached the 90 days period from the date I received confirmation letter from my school. Please advise can I cancel the previous application and submit an online application or can I do flagpole? Btw, I forgot to make a copy of the application, how I can track it? Thanks

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Hi All, I applied my PGWP via mail to Vegreville in November before I got my job offer 1 week later. Since the current processing time is more than 100 days, I'd like to get my PGWP soon as per request from my employer. However, I have reached the 90 days period from the date I received confirmation letter from my school. Please advise can I cancel the previous application and submit an online application or can I do flagpole? Btw, I forgot to make a copy of the application, how I can track it? Thanks
1. You are not eligible to apply for PGWP (either online or flagpoling) anymore since you passed the 90 days period.
2. If you cancel your current application, you will be out of status and you will have to apply for a restoration and you will still be not eligible to apply for PGWP.
3. You can link your application to MyCIC account, but it takes sometime after you mail your application. Search the forum for How to link your application.
So, all you can do now is to wait for your application to be approved. For your employment, you are on an implied status since you have already applied for PGWP in time and you are allowed to legally work full-time until you get a decision.
Good Luck!

Ravidm92

Nov 25, 2017
any one here with application around 8th September? They are currently working on applications received on 4th Oct, mine was 8th September.. still no updates. Called CIC and sent Webforms, not useful. Very Nervous!! :(
I applied on 8th September same case as ur just waiting

Olii

Dec 21, 2017
Applied on July 27 got message that my file and my husband were transferred to local office to Edmonton October 17 . Still no updates. Tried to call Cic they said wait or try to call them in March!!! Send online request- no answer. I don’t know what else I can do? If you know please help me!!

ange1o

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi guys,

PGWP application was submitted on August 18, 2017. Have not heard anything since then.

IRCC website says:

Work permit extension (new employer)
These applications can be submitted online or by paper.
55 days ?
Working on applications received on September 22, 2017.

Please advice what to do next.

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately refused on November 1, 2017 but communicated to me by our lawyer only on December 4, 2017.

Fei2534

Dec 30, 2017
Hi guys, does anyone apply by mail,and knows how long does it take for linking your application to your account? I applied on October, but when I try to link my application to my account, it always gives no document found? BTW, I applied in Canada. Is it normal?

Fei2534

Dec 30, 2017
Hi guys, does anyone apply by mail,and knows how long does it take for linking your application to your account? I applied on October, but when I try to link my application to my account, it always gives no document found? BTW, I applied in Canada. Is it normal?
erply

myway

Jun 21, 2016
Hello everyone.
I had a question. As long as I know, we can start working once we applied for PGWP. So why we should be worried when they will finish processing of our applcation? Why people are worried to get the PGWP asap when they can work!?

Last edited:
Reactions: Immstu

Vik86

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Applied on July 27 got message that my file and my husband were transferred to local office to Edmonton October 17 . Still no updates. Tried to call Cic they said wait or try to call them in March!!! Send online request- no answer. I don’t know what else I can do? If you know please help me!!
I applied for my sister work permit on aug 10 and they said its been transfered to local office in montreal and we tried calling and webform and they just said be patient !

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello everyone.
I had a question. As long as I know, we can start working once we applied for PGWP. So why we should be worried when they will finish processing of our applcation? Why people are worried to get the PGWP asap when they can work!?
What else is left if there's no worry in life of an immigrant :)

Reactions: myway

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hello everyone.
Because there is always a doubt you will not get it due to some circumstance. I did not stop worrying (even though I knew 99% I should get it) until I had the permit in my hand.

Reactions: myway