+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Jdunchik

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
64 days already :(

Work permit extension (new employer)

These applications can be submitted online or by paper.

64 days

Working on applications received on May 10, 2017.

Paper

106 days

Working on applications received on March 29, 2017.

KarinneSS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
64 days already :(

Work permit extension (new employer)

These applications can be submitted online or by paper.

64 days

Working on applications received on May 10, 2017.

Paper

106 days

Working on applications received on March 29, 2017.
This is so annoying.... When I applied in 25 May, it was 48 days..... people do take decisions based on this information... and now I have to wait 16 more days, it's a lot!!

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Hay guys, I got my work permit approval email today ..march 30th.
I studied 1 year graduate certificate and a normal trade certificate(i extended my study permit for this) and got the permit for 3 years.
My name was given twice on work permit(like steyn smith steyn smith) as i have given the name again on the last name, because i don't have a last name on passport.Do u guys know how to change name on it?Hope it won't create any problems in future
I took a 3 months break between courses and did not worked on sin.
Thank u all :)
Do you mean after you studied for 1 year , you got 3years PGWP?

bbtom

Feb 18, 2016
Guys, my application for PGWP got rejected. Friday afternoon I got the message. Now I am in a stressful situation. Reason they say is mine is not a full time course!! Where as it is clearly written in the course completion letter from the college that mine is a full time course. I do not know how they did not notice that. Unfortunately my study permit expired last week.This means that I am now staying in the country illegal? Can somebody advice me what shall I do now? Do you think I can make an appeal CIC to correct the mistake? Now I am already exceeded one week overstay. Do you think this will create a problem further?Have I to leave the country immediately before asking for the correction? Are there any other ways to deal this situation? I am totally confused and stressed:(. Can somebody with the same situation in the recent past give me some advice?

IND_CAD

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Guys, my application for PGWP got rejected. Friday afternoon I got the message. Now I am in a stressful situation. Reason they say is mine is not a full time course!! Where as it is clearly written in the course completion letter from the college that mine is a full time course. I do not know how they did not notice that. Unfortunately my study permit expired last week.This means that I am now staying in the country illegal? Can somebody advice me what shall I do now? Do you think I can make an appeal CIC to correct the mistake? Now I am already exceeded one week overstay. Do you think this will create a problem further?Have I to leave the country immediately before asking for the correction? Are there any other ways to deal this situation? I am totally confused and stressed:(. Can somebody with the same situation in the recent past give me some advice?
Did you submit your transcript along with all documents ??? Was really not a fulltime course ???

Jdunchik

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Did you have any part-time semester?

My daughter had 8 full -time semesters and extra 9th as part-time. I worry about it.

Last edited:

Rizy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 November 2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
11 November 2015
Med's Request
17 November 2015
Med's Done....
26 November 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
16 december 2015
LANDED..........
17 january 2016
Hello guys i am in 2 year program now i am going through my final semester but before final semester i paid my fee late so they didn't register me for semester and they said you have to wait 3 months means according to fee i missed my sem and i have 3 month gap between my 3 to 4th semester is it effect on my work permit becuase according to cic i you are not a continuous student mean took semester off you will not get work permit so is there any student who got sem off and got permit plz reply me back and my study will be complete in September 2017