+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

IND_CAD

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
RIP CIC they know applications will be more in this period, why dont they hire more contractors to process the applications faster. They clearly stated that applications processing times have been reduced to 3 weeks but it seems more than 2 months....We know how hard it is to get the job here for students and fortunately i got one and explained my situation to the employer and he put me on hold for 1 and half month. Finally they hired another guy and rejected me. RIP CIC.....They only care about more applications and making money by them and afterwards no reply from CIC or Customer care or wait for 1-7 days for their reply....pissed off

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
i tried to call them, no answer... can anyone advice me here ? i applied on may 13 and nothing yet... do you know why or whats happening ??? thank you

Ulyana1209

Jun 20, 2017
RIP CIC they know applications will be more in this period, why dont they hire more contractors to process the applications faster. They clearly stated that applications processing times have been reduced to 3 weeks but it seems more than 2 months....We know how hard it is to get the job here for students and fortunately i got one and explained my situation to the employer and he put me on hold for 1 and half month. Finally they hired another guy and rejected me. RIP CIC.....They only care about more applications and making money by them and afterwards no reply from CIC or Customer care or wait for 1-7 days for their reply....pissed off
Was completely in the same situation. Nobody wants to wait and I completely understand them.
What was your major?

Last edited:

Jdunchik

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Did you have active SP and/or WP?

You must apply for PGWP with actual SP/WP and you can work while waiting your PGWP. It doesn't matter how long they process IMHO

Last edited:

IND_CAD

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Did you have active SP and/or WP?

You must apply for PGWP with actual SP/WP and you can work while waiting your PGWP. It doesn't matter how long they process IMHO
Yes i did. But it all depends on the employer and they raise questions like what happens if your PGWP rejected by any reason ??? so need proof that you can work for long with valid status.....even if you apply for any other job with the same reason employers might switch to others....its tough time....no choice other than wait....

Jdunchik

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Yes i did. But it all depends on the employer and they raise questions like what happens if your PGWP rejected by any reason ??? so need proof that you can work for long with valid status.....even if you apply for any other job with the same reason employers might switch to others....its tough time....no choice other than wait....
I see. I feel for you
My Daughter got the job with current WP (till July, 30) and she already works while waits for pgwp.