+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Rizy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 November 2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
11 November 2015
Med's Request
17 November 2015
Med's Done....
26 November 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16 december 2015
LANDED..........
17 january 2016
it seems like you do have 3 part time terms: winter 2015, fall 2015 and winter 2016. To be eligible for PGWP you have to have been a full time student throughout the duration of your studies.
Full time means

Rizy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 November 2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
11 November 2015
Med's Request
17 November 2015
Med's Done....
26 November 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16 december 2015
LANDED..........
17 january 2016
Hello guys i am in 2 year program now i am going through my final semester but before final semester i paid my fee late so they didn't register me for semester and they said you have to wait 3 months means according to fee i missed my sem and i have 3 month gap between my 3 to 4th semester is it effect on my work permit becuase according to cic i you are not a continuous student mean took semester off you will not get work permit so is there any student who got sem off and got permit plz reply me back and my study will be complete in September 2017

Edieason

Jun 13, 2017
Guys, my application for PGWP got rejected. Friday afternoon I got the message. Now I am in a stressful situation. Reason they say is mine is not a full time course!! Where as it is clearly written in the course completion letter from the college that mine is a full time course. I do not know how they did not notice that. Unfortunately my study permit expired last week.This means that I am now staying in the country illegal? Can somebody advice me what shall I do now? Do you think I can make an appeal CIC to correct the mistake? Now I am already exceeded one week overstay. Do you think this will create a problem further?Have I to leave the country immediately before asking for the correction? Are there any other ways to deal this situation? I am totally confused and stressed:(. Can somebody with the same situation in the recent past give me some advice?
whats your situation and when did you apply? I get in the same trouble with you.

Knuckles

Jul 5, 2017
Guys, my application for PGWP got rejected. Friday afternoon I got the message. Now I am in a stressful situation. Reason they say is mine is not a full time course!! Where as it is clearly written in the course completion letter from the college that mine is a full time course. I do not know how they did not notice that. Unfortunately my study permit expired last week.This means that I am now staying in the country illegal? Can somebody advice me what shall I do now? Do you think I can make an appeal CIC to correct the mistake? Now I am already exceeded one week overstay. Do you think this will create a problem further?Have I to leave the country immediately before asking for the correction? Are there any other ways to deal this situation? I am totally confused and stressed:(. Can somebody with the same situation in the recent past give me some advice?
I'm in a similar situation. Been here for over 6 years...worked in between with co-op and graduated in bachelors aerospace engineering. Got refused and I am stuck too without any options or any other realistic chances of what to do next.

Edieason

Jun 13, 2017
I'm in a similar situation. Been here for over 6 years...worked in between with co-op and graduated in bachelors aerospace engineering. Got refused and I am stuck too without any options or any other realistic chances of what to do next.
whats the reason that they rejected you. Part time studies? Are you getting help from any lawyers?

choo_choo_avocado

Jun 13, 2017
Did you take semesters off to work? Or, perhaps, did you not consistently have the full time course load during the 6 years?

Knuckles

Jul 5, 2017
whats the reason that they rejected you. Part time studies? Are you getting help from any lawyers?
Nope was full time. Study permit had expired, applied for pgwp on day 61 after expiry date due to the university giving out the letter of completion on that day. Went to the border 2 weeks ago and they said the reason it got rejected was due to the fact that I did not have any status in Canada. Fortunately I have a visa exempt passport...other than that stuck with a rejected pgwp.

LargOva

Jun 29, 2017
Applied May 8, received approval confirmation [online] June 30. Received paper PGWP on July 6.

Good luck everyone