+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

xhalae

Jul 20, 2017
hey, I’ve been a silent reader but my pgwp application was approved today
PGWP Application was sent on 2nd July 2021
Eligibility review started on 22nd September 2021. I also passed the review and was approved on the same day. Thank you all for all the help

Last edited:

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Applied on July 14th.
Nothing has changed…
They also increased their processing time to 87 days.
so so so so so frustrating.

bbasiit

Aug 25, 2015
Hello, I've applied for PGWP outside Canada (IND) on May 18th, 2021. My eligibility review has not started yet and the current processing time is 19 weeks.

Is there anyone who applied from India around the same time and received their final decision? If yes, what was the time line? I am really concerned as my full time job offer is on hold as I'm unable to travel.
Have you received PGWP yet?

bbasiit

Aug 25, 2015
I think I made an error in my PGWP application.

I'm a citizen of African Country who has UK visa until Feb 2022.
I put on my application that the end date of my immigration status was Aug 25 because that's the date of my flight. I thought the question was asking when I would be in the UK.

How can I rectify this? I already submitted a web form to inquire about my application as the processing times have passed, so should I send another? Please help
Hey bro, I have been following your messages. I have applied for PGWp outside Canada as well. I am just wondering, were you physically present in UK when you applied for PGWP? Did you list your current country of Residence as UK while applying? I perceive that you were later going to fly to UK

Umezude

Mar 2, 2018
I applied for my PGWP on the 9th of April 2021. I didn’t hear anything for weeks, but I continued working in the job I started in June. My PGWP got approved on the 16th of September 2021 (over 6 months later).
Why am I writing about this? Because I want to encourage people who have been waiting for sometime. As long as you fulfilled all the necessary requirements, don’t be worried. Your permit will be approved, just keep working and enjoying your ‘EXTRA’ time. :)

JayaK0909

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
I applied for my PGWP on the 9th of April 2021. I didn’t hear anything for weeks, but I continued working in the job I started in June. My PGWP got approved on the 16th of September 2021 (over 6 months later).
Why am I writing about this? Because I want to encourage people who have been waiting for sometime. As long as you fulfilled all the necessary requirements, don’t be worried. Your permit will be approved, just keep working and enjoying your ‘EXTRA’ time. :)
Thanks for sharing this!

Reactions: andymro28

mena1985

Dec 26, 2019
Congratulations and good to hear as I am waiting from June 9th. I am just wondering if you asked for or received a work authorization extension letter after 4 months of applying?