+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

goi

Apr 23, 2020
Ghost update usually reflects that your eligibility review has started.
I hope so, but my status did not change it keeps showing "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" instead of "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".
I have a job offer to start in Mid-October I hope to get the permit before that. It's been 91 days already.

madho

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Hi All, As I have received my PGWP approval but my kids study permit has expired

Based on my SIN Number (assigned on study permit), I work remotely for Canadian Company.

My question:
Is it possible that I do not enter Canada and apply dependent visa after receiving 3 months’ Salary slips based on work permit approval. But without my actual Work Permit which is supposed to issue at the border.

Our basic intention is to travel together once everyone got visa.

Reactions: jenny28865

Nick1808

Jul 18, 2019
Hi All, As I have received my PGWP approval but my kids study permit has expired

Based on my SIN Number (assigned on study permit), I work remotely for Canadian Company.

My question:
Is it possible that I do not enter Canada and apply dependent visa after receiving 3 months’ Salary slips based on work permit approval. But without my actual Work Permit which is supposed to issue at the border.

Please share timeline

Yashodhara

Dec 12, 2018
Friends, Can anyone please let me know how many days( after approval) does the hard copy take to arrive by post.
Thanks in advance !

jenny28865

Sep 14, 2021

My question:

Hi,

Can you please share from which country did you apply? Also submission date?

Choco1

Sep 21, 2021

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
july 4th still waiting. Eligibility started august 10th.
I wouldn’t worry if I were you. If they were going to refuse your application they would have done it by now. They are just very very slow. I’m sure you’ll get a positive result.

tltran1912

Jul 24, 2021
I wouldn’t worry if I were you. If they were going to refuse your application they would have done it by now. They are just very very slow. I’m sure you’ll get a positive result.
July 20th here. My case is unauthorized work(unknowingly) before PGWP application and I have sent a LOE via webform. Feels bad man.

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
July 20th here. My case is unauthorized work(unknowingly) before PGWP application and I have sent a LOE via webform. Feels bad man.
Many many many students make that mistake. You will be ok, I think. You were honest about your mistake. Has your elegibility review started?

kasra545

Sep 22, 2021
Any approval for those applied in early July?
I applied on July 8th and no updates so far. The wait time is very anxiety-provoking.

tltran1912

Jul 24, 2021
Many many many students make that mistake. You will be ok, I think. You were honest about your mistake. Has your elegibility review started?
Thanks for the encouraging words. I expect to have my application considered in 3-4 weeks based on what I've read here. Best of luck to you.

bbasiit

Aug 25, 2015
Y
Hey guys, just to massage our anxiety, here are some data from this thread (just some of the past pages) that I collected. Sure that it is nothing official and the amount of data may not be representative, but I was just playing around with the most recent data we have in this thread.

Applied on June and got approved: 14 users
Average: 86 days (Min 77 days, Max 96 days)

Applied on July and got approved: 03 users
Average: 61 days (Min 57 days, Max 67 days)

Also, from these data (17 users), it is more likely we receive a result on Monday and we are less likely to receive a return on Wednesday (besides Sunday).

Weekday of approval:
Sunday: 00.00 %
Monday: 50.00 %
Tuesday: 11.11 %
Wednesday: 05.56 %
Thursday: 11.11 %
Friday: 11.11 %
Saturday: 11.11 %
You must have shit tons of free time on your hands to do this lol