+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

goi

Apr 23, 2020
What is ghost update?
"Ghost Update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you log out and log back in, the application returns to being "submitted". Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them. "

"No one really knows exactly what a ghost update is but some people speculate that it could mean that there is a visa officer working on your profile and he updated something that isn't visible to you, others say it is just a system glitch. Personally, I think it could be both, sometimes the system does glitch and sometimes people get a reply within a couple of hours/days from a ghost update."

JayaK0909

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
"Ghost Update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you log out and log back in, the application returns to being "submitted". Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them. "

"No one really knows exactly what a ghost update is but some people speculate that it could mean that there is a visa officer working on your profile and he updated something that isn't visible to you, others say it is just a system glitch. Personally, I think it could be both, sometimes the system does glitch and sometimes people get a reply within a couple of hours/days from a ghost update."
Ouuuu wow. I did not know that. Thanks :)

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Hey guys, so i completed 1 year of course in private clg and then extended my SP for 2 yrs course in public College (pgwp eligible) . I am going to apply for pgwp application now, my doubt is that do i need to upload the original SP and the first college documents along with the recent one?
if yes, can this create a doubt in VO officer mind and he refuses my application based on the first college documents? What ways can i avoid this?

JayaK0909

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hey guys, so i completed 1 year of course in private clg and then extended my SP for 2 yrs course in public College (pgwp eligible) . I am going to apply for pgwp application now, my doubt is that do i need to upload the original SP and the first college documents along with the recent one?
if yes, can this create a doubt in VO officer mind and he refuses my application based on the first college documents? What ways can i avoid this?
from my experience i have learned the more docs you submit the better. if you are being truthful and honest then there is nothing need to hide. so does not hurt if you submit!

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
from my experience i have learned the more docs you submit the better. if you are being truthful and honest then there is nothing need to hide. so does not hurt if you submit!
Thx for reply i was just confused that if i need to upload both college’s documents or latest one only . Thank you

Reactions: JayaK0909

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hey guys, just to massage our anxiety, here are some data from this thread (just some of the past pages) that I collected. Sure that it is nothing official and the amount of data may not be representative, but I was just playing around with the most recent data we have in this thread.

Applied on June and got approved: 14 users
Average: 86 days (Min 77 days, Max 96 days)

Applied on July and got approved: 03 users
Average: 61 days (Min 57 days, Max 67 days)

Also, from these data (17 users), it is more likely we receive a result on Monday and we are less likely to receive a return on Wednesday (besides Sunday).

Weekday of approval:
Sunday: 00.00 %
Monday: 50.00 %
Tuesday: 11.11 %
Wednesday: 05.56 %
Thursday: 11.11 %
Friday: 11.11 %
Saturday: 11.11 %

JayaK0909

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hey guys, just to massage our anxiety, here are some data from this thread (just some of the past pages) that I collected. Sure that it is nothing official and the amount of data may not be representative, but I was just playing around with the most recent data we have in this thread.

Applied on June and got approved: 14 users
Average: 86 days (Min 77 days, Max 96 days)

Applied on July and got approved: 03 users
Average: 61 days (Min 57 days, Max 67 days)

Also, from these data (17 users), it is more likely we receive a result on Monday and we are less likely to receive a return on Wednesday (besides Sunday).

Weekday of approval:
Sunday: 00.00 %
Monday: 50.00 %
Tuesday: 11.11 %
Wednesday: 05.56 %
Thursday: 11.11 %
Friday: 11.11 %
Saturday: 11.11 %
THIS. THIS. THIS. made me smile and made me appreciate you so much. YOU. ROCK! thanks!!

Samzy

Jul 3, 2021
Hi everyone,
Been a silent reader for a while. Here is my timeline:

Applied for PGWP on 03 July 2021.
Eligibility review started on 20 September 2021.
Eligibility review passed on 21 September 2021.
Approved on 21 September 2021.

Thanks for the updates and information thus far, this forum has been very helpful. Good luck to others waiting!

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Anyone else can tally?

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
They already have it in their system when you apply the initial + extension sp but submitting again wont hurt. What makes you think they will have doubt on you? Your application seem pretty normal to me.
Because while applying for pgwp , there is an option that says “your recent transcript “ , so should i upload a pdf containing both college transcript + graduation letter of both of em.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Applied for PGWP on 23 June 2021.
Nothing until now. Yesterday I got a ghost update, hopefully, they will process my application by the end of this month. =/
Ghost update usually reflects that your eligibility review has started.

Reactions: goi

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Thx for reply i was just confused that if i need to upload both college’s documents or latest one only . Thank you
If your latest program is eligible to give you enough years on PGWP, then go for it.
I had a previous program , but didn't mention much about it when I applied for my PGWP, just recent docs, and an explanation letter.

Reactions: Dilpreet435