+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

DrInvisible

Dec 17, 2020
Just checked it again. Mine has been approved! Good luck everyone!

I dropped out of my old college and had a gap of 153 days and another gap of 4 months before starting the program that I applied for PGWP, but I still managed to have my work permit approved.
Don't feel very stressed unless you have any part-time semester

Last edited:

jalc03

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Applied Jul 03 2021 - Inland
Just checked my account and it was approved today. I haven't received any email or document in my profile though, is that normal?

I also have a pending PR application that was submitted Nov 2020

DrInvisible

Dec 17, 2020
I haven't received any email either, but I'm sure that the website reflects the true status of my application.

Edit:
My study permit extension was approved on June 13th, 2019, but 'In Canada Approval Letter' was received on June 14th. Thus, it's totally normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: jalc03

jalc03

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
I haven't received any email either, but I'm sure that the website reflects the true status of my application.

Edit:
My study permit extension was approved on June 13th, 2019, but 'In Canada Approval Letter' was received on June 14th. Thus, it's totally normal.
Thank you, I'll check again for the letter tomorrow

DrInvisible

Dec 17, 2020
Congrats ! What was the eligibility status before it changed to eligibility review started, please?
Thanks. When I just submitted, it said "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"
When a visa officer picked it for review, it changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".
When the review finished, it changed to "Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. "

Choco1

Sep 21, 2021
Hi,
I applied for PGWP from India and my studies finished at the end of July. Presently I am having student TRV and it's valid until 30th Sep 2021. Is it possible to travel inside Canada since the PGWP is under process?

Please let me know anyone travelled like this.
I'm in similar situation too!

goi

Apr 23, 2020
Applied for PGWP on 23 June 2021.
Nothing until now. Yesterday I got a ghost update, hopefully, they will process my application by the end of this month. =/