+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

madhav.malhotra3089

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Hi guys. I applied for pgwp on Jan 8 with my confirmation letter from school that I completed my degree and will officially graduate on Feb. Have not heard back yet but I am quite worried because I saw most people applied with their official transcript. The previous rule only require either the transcript or confirmation letter but the new rule kind of require both. Anyone have previously applied with the letter from school and got pgwp? Just kind of worried. Thanks
Hi. I have also done the same. I think it should be fine .The current rules applies to applications made post the notification .

LinhB

Mar 12, 2019
Hi. I have also done the same. I think it should be fine .The current rules applies to applications made post the notification .
Thanks for your reply. If you dont mind, can I ask what your confirmation letter said? Because mine does not say anything like I was a full time student. It just stated that I meet the eligibility to graduate on Feb and the name of the degree.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Thanks for your reply. If you dont mind, can I ask what your confirmation letter said? Because mine does not say anything like I was a full time student. It just stated that I meet the eligibility to graduate on Feb and the name of the degree.
I thought i should share my story about submitting my application. When i submitted my application, i only submitted my transcript and not completion letter. This was on Jan 20. The next day i got completion letter from school and somebody told me that it is necessary that you attach your completion letter. So, I contacted IRCC through twitter and they asked me to submit another application and withdraw the initial application. They said that completion letter is the first thing they look at. If your completion letter is stamped and says the duration of your program you should be fine. Transcript is not necessary. Check to see if it is stamped. your status on your completion letter or any other document that you have submitted should say that you have graduated. They look for that on at least one document you have submitted. Rest completion letter is fine by itself. No worries there.

P.S. this is my case and i graduated from College. Could be different for Universities.

Reactions: natzetgo

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi guys. I applied for pgwp on Jan 8 with my confirmation letter from school that I completed my degree and will officially graduate on Feb. Have not heard back yet but I am quite worried because I saw most people applied with their official transcript. The previous rule only require either the transcript or confirmation letter but the new rule kind of require both. Anyone have previously applied with the letter from school and got pgwp? Just kind of worried. Thanks

Only College completion letter is required to submit and not transcripts. My friends have done the same and recieved their work permit. i have done the same and waiting for my permit. i applied on Jan 18. Hopefully within 2 weeks i hope we get it

Reactions: LinhB

LinhB

Mar 12, 2019
I thought i should share my story about submitting my application. When i submitted my application, i only submitted my transcript and not completion letter. This was on Jan 20. The next day i got completion letter from school and somebody told me that it is necessary that you attach your completion letter. So, I contacted IRCC through twitter and they asked me to submit another application and withdraw the initial application. They said that completion letter is the first thing they look at. If your completion letter is stamped and says the duration of your program you should be fine. Transcript is not necessary. Check to see if it is stamped. your status on your completion letter or any other document that you have submitted should say that you have graduated. They look for that on at least one document you have submitted. Rest completion letter is fine by itself. No worries there.

P.S. this is my case and i graduated from College. Could be different for Universities.
Thank you. I got all marks back at the end of Dec 2018 and the school issued a letter to confirm that I completed my degree in Jan 08 but my official graduation date is in Feb 09 even though I finished everything in Dec 2018. The letter said that I started in 2014, finished in fall 2018. It did not really say that I graduated. It just said I have completed all requirements to graduate because they said that they can only say that until Feb 09 when I am officially graduated. But I got an job offer and could not work until applying, which is why I applied using that letter. So that is why I am worried right now:(

LinhB

Mar 12, 2019
Only College completion letter is required to submit and not transcripts. My friends have done the same and recieved their work permit. i have done the same and waiting for my permit. i applied on Jan 18. Hopefully within 2 weeks i hope we get it
Thank you. Hopefully, everything goes well. Good luck to all of us!

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
my friend got hers approved today. She applied on Dec 22. She didnt get any emails to confirm that. She checked casually on the site and it said approved as of today. Kindly check your account, if you have applied for it before dec 22.

Purvesh123

Mar 13, 2019
my friend got hers approved today. She applied on Dec 22. She didnt get any emails to confirm that. She checked casually on the site and it said approved as of today. Kindly check your account, if you have applied for it before dec 22.
Hello ,
For how long period did she (your friend) got PGWP 2 yrs or 3yrs?

Have she done 1+1 yr course ?
It been heard from a while from students that doing two one year programs from a DLI and minimum 8 months study period will fetch 2 yrs course rather than 3 yrs how far is this true?
Thankyou

madhav.malhotra3089

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Hi. Mine just says that all the requirements have been met. Nothing else . Nothing about full time or anything.

dinkarthube01@

Jun 6, 2017
Hello ,
For how long period did she (your friend) got PGWP 2 yrs or 3yrs?

Have she done 1+1 yr course ?
It been heard from a while from students that doing two one year programs from a DLI and minimum 8 months study period will fetch 2 yrs course rather than 3 yrs how far is this true?
Thankyou
If you completed more than one program, you may be able to get a PGWP that combines the length of each program. For this, each of the programs you completed must be:

• PGWP-eligible and
  • at least 8 months in length.
You can’t get a PGWP if you already had one after completing an earlier program of study.

this is what written on website now