+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hello ,
For how long period did she (your friend) got PGWP 2 yrs or 3yrs?

Have she done 1+1 yr course ?
It been heard from a while from students that doing two one year programs from a DLI and minimum 8 months study period will fetch 2 yrs course rather than 3 yrs how far is this true?
Thankyou
her's was 3 year program. But somebody here must have completed 2 different programs. Kindly respond to this and help this gentleman.

Purvesh123

Mar 13, 2019
If you completed more than one program, you may be able to get a PGWP that combines the length of each program. For this, each of the programs you completed must be:

• PGWP-eligible and
  • at least 8 months in length.
You can’t get a PGWP if you already had one after completing an earlier program of study.

this is what written on website now

This is written since December 5 2018 , I checked on Wayback machine , you can too.

However according to IRCC's recent tweet regarding PGWP , they told no changes are done whatsoever.

So to consider 2 yr or 3 yr is the dilemma?

It's better to ask someone who has already got PGWP recently

Purvesh123

Mar 13, 2019
Well, than how to calculate the hours of program?
Mine is Project management in conestoga college
(As per website) Which has 12 subjects of 42 hours = 504 hours In total and I guess same will be for another course with 50 to 60 hours (+-)

Is this the right way to calculate? or in reality hours may change
However I don't think it may from 500 to direct 900hrs I guess

Adp1724

Jan 24, 2017
Hello Everyone, in case, If there is a PGWP application rejection after 90 days of course completion, what are the available options ?

tanyabath

Mar 13, 2019
This is written since December 5 2018 , I checked on Wayback machine , you can too.

However according to IRCC's recent tweet regarding PGWP , they told no changes are done whatsoever.

So to consider 2 yr or 3 yr is the dilemma?

It's better to ask someone who has already got PGWP recently
I got three year work permit.

tanyabath

Mar 13, 2019
Hello ,
For how long period did she (your friend) got PGWP 2 yrs or 3yrs?

Have she done 1+1 yr course ?
It been heard from a while from students that doing two one year programs from a DLI and minimum 8 months study period will fetch 2 yrs course rather than 3 yrs how far is this true?
Thankyou
I think it just a rumors, there is no update about this kind of thing on CIC.

Purvesh123

Mar 13, 2019
I got three year work permit.

So you have done 1+1 yr two different courses in period of 2 yrs with 8 months minimum?
And when did you applied for PGWP.?

Thankyou for replying to the query , it's been since 2 weeks no reliable answers we got.
However now we can relax
Thankyou

tanyabath

Mar 13, 2019
So you have done 1+1 yr two different courses in period of 2 yrs with 8 months minimum?
And when did you applied for PGWP.?

Thankyou for replying to the query , it's been since 2 weeks no reliable answers we got.
However now we can relax
Thankyou
Yes i did 2 course 1 plus 1. Yesterday i got work permit for three years, and the second thing there is no new update regarding the work permit duration, People are spreading the rumors , I am working with immigration lawyer nd we did not get any updated notification regarding the deduction of post graduate work prmit.

Reactions: Purvesh123

Anuja Kar

Feb 25, 2019
Yes i did 2 course 1 plus 1. Yesterday i got work permit for three years, and the second thing there is no new update regarding the work permit duration, People are spreading the rumors , I am working with immigration lawyer nd we did not get any updated notification regarding the deduction of post graduate work prmit.
Thanks for your update. When did you apply for PGWP ?

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
is anybody not able to view their application for updates after logging in? For me it just keeps on loading my application.