+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

madhav.malhotra3089

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Hi

Is it possible, while the online application has been made, to go and flagpole. Actually, most of the employers are looking for a valid work permit and hence I am worried that I may have to wait till end of April for something to be possible.

Reactions: tejaspan

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hi

Is it possible, while the online application has been made, to go and flagpole. Actually, most of the employers are looking for a valid work permit and hence I am worried that I may have to wait till end of April for something to be possible.
I applied on 2nd Feb. I cleared 2 interviews with technical tests. I went for flagpole at Niagra rainbow bridge... Showed them my offer letter.. tried my best to convince them. Nop didnt work out. i lost 3 potential jobs till now.

madhav.malhotra3089

Star Member
May 27, 2016
I applied on 2nd Feb. I cleared 2 interviews with technical tests. I went for flagpole at Niagra rainbow bridge... Showed them my offer letter.. tried my best to convince them. Nop didnt work out. i lost 3 potential jobs till now.
Hey. Thanks and I completely understand. One. Question
Why did they refuse to process you on border?

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hey. Thanks and I completely understand. One. Question
Why did they refuse to process you on border?
It completely depend upon the officer at border. for me, the officer was really rude and he was keep saying that CBSA can not decide behalf of IRCC. Actually they can do it but he didnt want to put himself in middle and he was damn lazy. there was no one and they made me wait 30 min.

madhav.malhotra3089

Star Member
May 27, 2016
It completely depend upon the officer at border. for me, the officer was really rude and he was keep saying that CBSA can not decide behalf of IRCC. Actually they can do it but he didnt want to put himself in middle and he was damn lazy. there was no one and they made me wait 30 min.
I understand. I feel the experiences vary depending on the border officer.

hyong1991

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
hi there,
i applied on the 25jan , i was wondering, do we need to submit bio-metric for graduate work permit application??

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hey I also want to get the answer for this issue.
Update: I spoke to Border Services and IRCC about this and they have said that I will be on implied status and that i can continue working on an unactive SIN. They also told me that they don't provide any document for this and that my receipt for the payment for the PGWP application should be sufficient for any employer. SInce, mine expires on march 31, i am thinking of submitting PGWP another application for safety. I hope this helps.

Reactions: sanode

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Update: I spoke to Border Services and IRCC about this and they have said that I will be on implied status and that i can continue working on an unactive SIN. They also told me that they don't provide any document for this and that my receipt for the payment for the PGWP application should be sufficient for any employer. SInce, mine expires on march 31, i am thinking of submitting PGWP another application for safety. I hope this helps.
Perfect! Thank you very much for this information. This is actually a very tricky situation and this will be very helpful to many of us here.

Thanks once again!

Jezucilla

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

I got my permit approved today!! (3 years) I applied on December 19th. Good luck to everyone else waiting. It seems like the processing time posted online is correct.

baseballfan5

Mar 6, 2019
Hi everyone,

I got my permit approved today!! (3 years) I applied on December 19th. Good luck to everyone else waiting. It seems like the processing time posted online is correct.
Hey,

did they send you an email to say you had a message in your account? Or did you just keep checking?