+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hello all, this is my status on PGWP application

- August 31st: applied for the PGWP
- November 5: IRCC requests official transcripts and certified degree completed (Idk why they asked for those, I submitted a letter of completion). Anyways, I provided those after a couple of days.
- Now: I'm still waiting to hear back for the final decision. I think I'm going to loose a job offer due to the delay. The initial processing time was 55 days when I applied. It is 70+ days now. I tried calling IRCC, no luck getting hold of an agent, but the automated voice message says they have reached applications submitted August 26.

jayreddy

Sep 20, 2018

- November 5: IRCC requests official transcripts and certified degree completed (Idk why they asked for those, I submitted a letter of completion). Anyways, I provided those after a couple of days.
- Now: I'm still waiting to hear back for the final decision. I think I'm going to loose a job offer due to the delay. The initial processing time was 55 days when I applied. It is 70+ days now. I tried calling IRCC, no luck getting hold of an agent, but the automated voice message says they have reached applications submitted August 26.

sorry for that. From Which college graduated?

Najaah mahamud

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Hi guys

I wanted to know some thing since your in canada. I applied study permit on 3of July for September intake bt I didn't get it on time so I received my visa today. So what is confusing me is that I didn't submitted biometric at that time coz it was not required when I was applying .since they introduced right know will they collect biometric when I land on airport before I proceed to my studies or what? I'm waiting ur reply and plz confirm it from a reliable source.

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018

So I just got a letter from IRCC, and my application for a PGWP has been rejected. The letter states the requirement that I must have studied full-time continuously during my degree. But I had 2 semesters with 3 courses (part-time) and scheduled summer break.

Anyways, does anyone have any information or experience about these types of cases?

jayreddy

Sep 20, 2018
So I just got a letter from IRCC, and my application for a PGWP has been rejected. The letter states the requirement that I must have studied full-time continuously during my degree. But I had 2 semesters with 3 courses (part-time) and scheduled summer break.

Anyways, does anyone have any information or experience about these types of cases?
Better to contact any attorney