+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

pmz85

Jul 19, 2018
Hi friends,
My study permit will expire on Feb15,2019 ( my Wife's work permit as well) and we both are working. I am graduating in December (next month) and going to apply for PGWP by Jan10, 2019 and extension of my wife's WP, as I can meet the conditions for her WP extension. So, what if I won't receive the WPs by the expiry date of our documents ( Feb15)? Can we work after that date until we receive our WPs or we have to stop working?!

Last edited:

jayreddy

Sep 20, 2018
Hi Friends, I Applied PGWP on sep 14th. I worked part time for UberEATS and Skipthedish food delivery. Paid taxes for my earnings. I mentioned in PGWP application. Worrying will they reject if we work for uber or UberEATS. Anyone who worked for Uber or UberEATS have mentioned in application and got approved?

jayreddy

Sep 20, 2018
My study permit will expire on Feb15,2019 ( my Wife's work permit as well) and we both are working. I am graduating in December (next month) and going to apply for PGWP by Jan10, 2019 and extension of my wife's WP, as I can meet the conditions for her WP extension. So, what if I won't receive the WPs by the expiry date of our documents ( Feb15)? Can we work after that date until we receive our WPs or we have to stop working?!
Can work until decision made. Better to update SIN after expired.

Reactions: pmz85

Sharmarohit5380

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
So I just got a letter from IRCC, and my application for a PGWP has been rejected. The letter states the requirement that I must have studied full-time continuously during my degree. But I had 2 semesters with 3 courses (part-time) and scheduled summer break.

Anyways, does anyone have any information or experience about these types of cases?
Its good to consult an immigration lawyer at this time.

Reactions: moody16

Sharmarohit5380

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hi Friends, I Applied PGWP on sep 14th. I worked part time for UberEATS and Skipthedish food delivery. Paid taxes for my earnings. I mentioned in PGWP application. Worrying will they reject if we work for uber or UberEATS. Anyone who worked for Uber or UberEATS have mentioned in application and got approved?
One of my friend got the permit as well, he also works for skip the dishes. So this doesn’t seem any issue to you.

PGWP_DHS

Nov 16, 2018
So I just got a letter from IRCC, and my application for a PGWP has been rejected. The letter states the requirement that I must have studied full-time continuously during my degree. But I had 2 semesters with 3 courses (part-time) and scheduled summer break.

Anyways, does anyone have any information or experience about these types of cases?
I feel very sorry to hear that. May I know the length of your program and how many years you took to finish the program?

Reactions: moody16

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
I feel very sorry to hear that. May I know the length of your program and how many years you took to finish the program?
So the program is 5 years (education + co-op work-terms) and I did a year of college before starting the program at the university. So overall, my stay in Canada to finish the program was 6 years

PGWP_DHS

Nov 16, 2018
So the program is 5 years (education + co-op work-terms) and I did a year of college before starting the program at the university. So overall, my stay in Canada to finish the program was 6 years
Did you just upload the transcript in UVIC? Did they say explicitly it was because you had 2 semesters part-time? If not, I guess they did not notice the first year you spent at college so they feel that was a long gap. Maybe you could call cic to confirm?

lightspeed97

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Think the issue would be the two part time semesters and not the year spent at the post secondary college .. when were your two part time ? was it final two semesters ?
Did you just upload the transcript in UVIC? Did they say explicitly it was because you had 2 semesters part-time? If not, I guess they did not notice the first year you spent at college so they feel that was a long gap. Maybe you could call cic to confirm?

Reactions: Saumil shah

jayreddy

Sep 20, 2018
Think the issue would be the two part time semesters and not the year spent at the post secondary college .. when were your two part time ? was it final two semesters ?
Even though if he had 2 part time semisters at university, IRCC should consider one year post secondary college and other full time semisters at university. Atleast he should be eligible for 1 year work permit

Chop0020

Nov 20, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I came to canada in august 2016 and i graduated with a one year post graduate certificate program in may 2017. Then i took another 2 years program in fall of 2017 and i have been full time student for all these semesters. I am supposed to be registering for my final semester this winter, but i have some financial issues going on and i plan on dropping my final semester and take it in summer instead. Would it affect my PGWP?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
The rules is you can only be part time is in last semester, so no way you can be part time for 2 semesters. Its a harsh rule but thats what it is.