+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

liacardenaz

Mar 23, 2018
I applied for a PGWP extension (because of passport expiration date) on August 30th, no answers until now. Is there anyone here that applied in August and still waiting for an answer?
Tks!

devikaroland

Aug 21, 2018
Edmonton, AB, CA
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-02-2019
Nomination.....
12-04-2019
AOR Received.
10-05-2019
Hi anyone apply to restore status and reapply for spouse WP in September that was approved .
Please share thanks

ajaychhonker

Nov 16, 2018
Hi... anyone applied for PGWP around 11th Sep 2018?
Any updates around that time?

My study permit is expiring on 30th Nov, so do I need to leave my job just in case PGWP comes after that?

devikaroland

Aug 21, 2018
Edmonton, AB, CA
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-02-2019
Nomination.....
12-04-2019
AOR Received.
10-05-2019

My study permit is expiring on 30th Nov, so do I need to leave my job just in case PGWP comes after that?
Hi you don't need to leave your job . You have implied status and can work until you get your PGWP decision

ajaychhonker

Nov 16, 2018
Hi you don't need to leave your job . You have implied status and can work until you get your PGWP decision
Thank you for ur reply :)
I'm little confused bcoz my university coordinator sent me this email regarding work:

Work Without a Permit
No permit required
186 A foreign national may work in Canada without a work permit
(v) if they are the holder of a study permit and
(i) they are a full-time student enrolled at a designated learning institution as defined in section 211.1,
(ii) the program in which they are enrolled is a post-secondary academic of a duration of six months or more that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate, and
(iii) although they are permitted to engage in full-time work during a regularly scheduled break between academic sessions, they work no more than 20 hours per week during a regular academic session; or
(w) if they are or were the holder of a study permit who has completed their program of study and
(i) they met the requirements set out in paragraph (v), and
(ii) they applied for a work permit before the expiry of that study permit and a decision has not yet been made in respect of their application

According to the above, I need valid study permit to work until my decision.

Reactions: AGoodSoul

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Thank you for ur reply :)
I'm little confused bcoz my university coordinator sent me this email regarding work:

Work Without a Permit
No permit required
186 A foreign national may work in Canada without a work permit
(v) if they are the holder of a study permit and
(i) they are a full-time student enrolled at a designated learning institution as defined in section 211.1,
(ii) the program in which they are enrolled is a post-secondary academic of a duration of six months or more that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate, and
(iii) although they are permitted to engage in full-time work during a regularly scheduled break between academic sessions, they work no more than 20 hours per week during a regular academic session; or
(w) if they are or were the holder of a study permit who has completed their program of study and
(i) they met the requirements set out in paragraph (v), and
(ii) they applied for a work permit before the expiry of that study permit and a decision has not yet been made in respect of their application

According to the above, I need valid study permit to work until my decision.
As you applied for your PGWP when your study permit was still valid, you can work legally while your PGWP application is being processed.. Trust me I and many others done the same thing.

devikaroland

Aug 21, 2018
Edmonton, AB, CA
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-02-2019
Nomination.....
12-04-2019
AOR Received.
10-05-2019
Hi you can work because you applied for a PGWP before your Student VISA expired

don't worry i was also confused but on immigration site also state you can work

Sharmarohit5380

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018

Hi I applied on 12th September, no updates yet. Please post whenever you receive any update. Thanks