+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Urgent Oath scheduling is different from "urgent processing" for pending applications. The former is a quick yes/no decision and they should respond within a few days. The latter is a cumbersome and cryptic process- and they may or may not tell you of approval or denial.
What stage is your application in? They still categorized my request as urgent processing, even when they responded to me, and I didn't make my request 2 days before they responded. I put in several web forms and even ended up mailing them an urgent letter with proof. This was done a month before they responded

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
What stage is your application in? They still categorized my request as urgent processing, even when they responded to me, and I didn't make my request 2 days before they responded. I put in several web forms and even ended up mailing them an urgent letter with proof. This was done a month before they responded
Don't know why they took so long to respond to you. Others have had quick results emailing the oath scheduling team with proof attached.

I'm waiting for LPP. Applied Sep 2021.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
you say "absolutely unreasonable!!!!"
Nah. I’m saying one or the other. A raise and work from the office. No raise and work from home.

Also, merit absolutely trumps seniority. If I don’t fulfill my job obligations I’m out the door. Even if I was hired before someone who was better than I. It’s how the real world works.

Meanwhile, enjoy the picket lines and the $75/day as long as they last.

Reactions: krishere1982

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Don't know why they took so long to respond to you. Others have had quick results emailing the oath scheduling team with proof attached.

I'm waiting for LPP. Applied Sep 2021.
Did you travel a lot outside Canada? Self employed / unemployed periods with a lot of address changes? That is heck a lot of time to wait for LPP to get completed. Just your BG check seems to have taken almost 1.5 years.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Did you travel a lot outside Canada? Self employed / unemployed periods with a lot of address changes? That is heck a lot of time to wait for LPP to get completed. Just your BG check seems to have taken almost 1.5 years.
Self-employed. A lot of people had delayed background but got dm and oath soon after. In my Case, LPP (as per notes) are not started and my file isn't allocated to an officer for review. It's just languishing in a "queue". PR was relatively painless 4+ months.

The strike came at the worst time for me.

• Sad
Reactions: krishere1982