+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

Limerick

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Hello Guys, my oath done and have citizenship certificate didn't apply for passport yet..came USA for 2 weeks can I come back Canada by road using citizenship certificate/co pr?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hello Guys, my oath done and have citizenship certificate didn't apply for passport yet..came USA for 2 weeks can I come back Canada by road using citizenship certificate/co pr?
Land border in a private vehicle (one way rental) should be fine. See a first hand report here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/land-border-entry-without-citizenship-certificate-and-some-rants-about-discrepancies-between-government-agencies.800722/

elagoli

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
My husband and I are scheduled for the same meeting (same time, Zoom ID, and the ceremony office). The only thing is, they gave us different seat numbers.

Just wanted to check if we need to connect with two separate devices or if it's cool for both of us to be on the same device.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
My husband and I are scheduled for the same meeting (same time, Zoom ID, and the ceremony office). The only thing is, they gave us different seat numbers.

Just wanted to check if we need to connect with two separate devices or if it's cool for both of us to be on the same device.
You both can join together and put the seat numbers as comma separated. That would do.

blal

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Tracker updated today.

I had my oath ceremony scheduled for May 1, it is now rescheduled to May 31 and tracker was updated today. Processing office Scarborough.
I also have May 31st date, same scenario. Did you receive the email invite for ceremony?

haaahmere

Jun 9, 2023
hi. Has anyone who was affected by the strike (April 26th oath date specifically) NOT been rescheduled yet? Niagara office. not sure what is taking so long :(