+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
It seems govt reached the position that “ take it or leave it” :) When government show this attitudes, it is the sign that public do not support strike. Dragging strike will have detrimental effect on Union strike fund. More days of strike leads less bargaining power for Union as less strike fund and more members feel the financial heat. Wise and face saving decision for Union is just wrap it up within this week.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
It seems govt reached the position that “ take it or leave it” :) When government show this attitudes, it is the sign that public do not support strike. Dragging strike will have detrimental effect on Union strike fund. More days of strike leads less bargaining power for Union as less strike fund and more members feel the financial heat. Wise and face saving decision for Union is just wrap it up within this week.
This is great news if confirmed. I am satisfied as a Canadian taxpayer.

Better still, it would be to force them to return to work by a special law. Let's hope this happens quickly.

It is the duty of the Treasury Board and the government to protect public funds.

Blackmail should not be a way of negotiating, ever... Not letting non-striking colleagues access their office is also unacceptable, even illegal (A potential crime of assault?).

Beauciel

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I uploaded my portal photo and address April 12 and still no eCOPR.
I just hope and pray for end of strike

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Weeeeeell.... they are getting paid full salaries until May 10th actually, lol - https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-psac-federal-workers-strike-salaries/#:~:text=Striking workers will begin receiving,pay is non-taxable income. :confused:
Only in Canada, go on strike and still get paid.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC