+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Go to the CRA website and look for the form called T2200 and read up on how to use it. If I know about it, rest assured they do.
Employer doesn’t sign that form if you are not getting any vehicle or taxable benefits. It’s not for everyone an claim otherwise CRA would audit in future for sure.

Reactions: rainydayincanada

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Did your urgent processing request get approved?
I don't know and I believe that they don't always let you know whether or not it was approved. It was submitted before the strike. I asked for an update and was told that my query has been forwarded to the responsible unit.

mtlcanada

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Thanks, but what about urgent case processing? Oaths are a separate team and a few oath ceremonies have happened.
Are there oath’s happening?
I think all the ceremonies were canceled so far.
Also can we drop an email to ceremony email address to request new schedule?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Are there oath’s happening?
I think all the ceremonies were canceled so far.
Also can we drop an email to ceremony email address to request new schedule?
There are reports of 1-2 ceremonies perhaps for urgent cases or non-unionised offices in the Prairies. Almost all have been cancelled. If you email Scarborough oath you get an auto reply saying we cannot deal with any oath enquiries due to the strike.

Reactions: 747-captain

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
I don't know and I believe that they don't always let you know whether or not it was approved. It was submitted before the strike. I asked for an update and was told that my query has been forwarded to the responsible unit.
They will always let you know if it has been approved or not> I also submitted a request for urgent processing before the strike and my request was denied.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
They will always let you know if it has been approved or not> I also submitted a request for urgent processing before the strike and my request was denied.
What did your denial email say and what's your processing office?

I emailed Scarborough this week asking whether my case was being processed urgently, and was just told that my correspondence would be forwarded to the responsible unit. If it was approved or denied, they could have just said. Which is why I feel that the strike has affected urgent processing.

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
What did your denial email say and what's your processing office?

I emailed Scarborough this week asking whether my case was being processed urgently, and was just told that my correspondence would be forwarded to the responsible unit. If it was approved or denied, they could have just said. Which is why I feel that the strike has affected urgent processing.
My office is Scarborough and my denial was for requesting an earlier ceremony date due to an urgent work trip. I emailed them and they emailed me back with the denial. I guess you'll just have to wait after the strike before following up on your request

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
My office is Scarborough and my denial was for requesting an earlier ceremony date due to an urgent work trip. I emailed them and they emailed me back with the denial. I guess you'll just have to wait after the strike before following up on your request
Urgent Oath scheduling is different from "urgent processing" for pending applications. The former is a quick yes/no decision and they should respond within a few days. The latter is a cumbersome and cryptic process- and they may or may not tell you of approval or denial.