+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

borgams

Aug 9, 2022
They want to work from home. That’s a savings for the worker as they don’t need to commute to work, which is costly.
I see what you are saying but there are lot positions that require workers to be in the office full-time though with no option to work from home.

The percentage of space in their home is now a tax deductible cost.
Only with a T2200 signed by the employer, which they are not going to get because they are not required to work from home.

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
I went to the STC at 11am to witness the group of protesters for PSAC, and it seems still a long way until an agreement could be reached with the government. SO FRUSTRATING.....

Reactions: adbcca

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
The employer has no reason to not support the T2200. It doesn’t cost them anything.
Employer only signs this if they have a reason to. If you are willingly WFH when employer has an option of an office and working from office, they are not going to sign it since they get a tax break/deduction for office space and expenditure and at the same time they cannot provide you a letter to claim deduction for WFH expenses.

Reactions: rainydayincanada

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
Yes it does. There is a form called T2200 which you fill out and your employer signs. You can find it on the CRA website. Do have a look at it. Saves me money ever year.
This needs to be signed by a company supervisor/manager/director. Since companies and goc provides you everything, at the end of the day most people are better off with the flat rate. Also note that these were COVID related measures, it likely not be present in 2023. WFH being requested by PS will not fall under COVID related measures.

Reactions: yyzstudent

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
I saw in some other forums someone had got their oath done yesterday!! How is that possible? (To be fair this person has applied on 2019). So maybe they have prioritized it? But this is highly unusual.

Maagie

May 13, 2018
Here’s the thing though.

it’s not a 4.5% hike they want. It’s much more.

They want to work from home. That’s a savings for the worker as they don’t need to commute to work, which is costly.

The percentage of space in their home is now a tax deductible cost. So are the utilities such as hydro, phone line, internet, home insurance.

The savings alone could be in the thousands, for each employee. And they want a pay increase on top? To me it sounds like they want to eat the cake and keep it. Sadly that’s not how it works.

I don’t know where you got the $54,500 number from. Looking at their career page (i.e. job openings) a senior immigration officer makes between $71,000 and $77,000. A student bridging officer can make between $45,000 and $140,000. That’s not a typo in the upper number.

Source:
https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page2440?classificationInfos=&locationsFilter=&selectionProcessNumber=&officialLanguage=&title=&tab=1&search=Search jobs&department=66&departments=&log=false
Those postings are for senior positions and supervisors. Of course they are higher.

Immigration case workers job classification is PM1.
Here is their salary

https://www.tbs-sct.canada.ca/agreements-conventions/view-visualiser-eng.aspx?id=15#toc993929946

It's 4.5% per year, honestly all of this is available online, why do you choose to be blind?
https://psacunion.ca/pa-group

Edit :
In Ontario the ttc monthly transport is $156 so I guess they are saving on that.

And why are you so angry they want to work from home?
Were you angry during the pandemic when they were working from home and it was to your benefit and applications were processed?
The idea that others have to be miserable just because you want to is bizarre

Last edited:

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
I went to the STC at 11am to witness the group of protesters for PSAC, and it seems still a long way until an agreement could be reached with the government. SO FRUSTRATING.....
Any particular reason you felt it could take a long time (i.e., particularly after this visit)?

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
I saw in some other forums someone had got their oath done yesterday!! How is that possible? (To be fair this person has applied on 2019). So maybe they have prioritized it? But this is highly unusual.
Please share the link thanks

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I see what you are saying but there are lot positions that require workers to be in the office full-time though with no option to work from home.

Only with a T2200 signed by the employer, which they are not going to get because they are not required to work from home.
You’re right on both counts.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
It's 4.5% per year, honestly all of this is available online, why do you choose to be blind?
https://psacunion.ca/pa-group
And that’s retroactively starting 2021.

Some departments in PSAC wants way more.

My pay hike is locked in to 3% per year for the next 3 years counting from 2023.

And why are you so angry they want to work from home?
Were you angry during the pandemic when they were working from home and it was to your benefit and applications were processed?
The idea that others have to be miserable just because you want to is bizarre
Oh sweetie-pie. I’m not the slightest bit miserable due to the PSAC strike, nor was I during the pandemic. The industry I’m in was crazy busy at the time.

In fact, my pr application went though in 6 months during the height of the pandemic. My student visa application went through in 3 weeks when IRCC workers were on strike in 2013.

Except for being utterly bored as my industry has hit a slow curve, thanks to USA, I’m perfectly happy and content waiting for my application to be processed. I’m good. You don’t seem to be too happy though.

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Some oath ceremonies are proceeding as scheduled, but a very SMALL number of them. These ceremonies are probably scheduled by offices in SK/NS/NB because a lot of those IRCC workers are not unionized. However the majority of applicants are in ON/BC/QC/AB, and these provinces have higher populations of people and new immigrants, as well as unionized workers.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Some oath ceremonies are proceeding as scheduled, but a very SMALL number of them. These ceremonies are probable scheduled by offices in SK/NS/NB because a lot of those IRCC workers are not unionized. However the majority of applicants are in ON/BC/QC/AB, and these provinces have higher populations of people and new immigrants, as well as unionized workers.
Also I think for those who qualified for the urgent processing.

Maagie

May 13, 2018
And that’s retroactively starting 2021.

Some departments in PSAC wants way more.

My pay hike is locked in to 3% per year for the next 3 years counting from 2023.

Oh sweetie-pie. I’m not the slightest bit miserable due to the PSAC strike, nor was I during the pandemic. The industry I’m in was crazy busy at the time.

In fact, my pr application went though in 6 months during the height of the pandemic. My student visa application went through in 3 weeks when IRCC workers were on strike in 2013.

Except for being utterly bored as my industry has hit a slow curve, thanks to USA, I’m perfectly happy and content waiting for my application to be processed. I’m good. You don’t seem to be too happy though.
Yes because they are out of contract since then?

Okay, you agreed to that pay increase of 3% per year. I don't know why everyone has to do what you've agreed to, some people have different requests.

Okay pumpkin spice, so what you're saying is that during the time they were working from home they processed your application super fast but for some reason it really bothers you that they want to continue working from home? They have that you same productivity, better mental health and less time wasted and when you hear that you say "absolutely unreasonable!!!!"

Lol