+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Portal 2 email delayed

Gikaraji

Jul 7, 2019
Hi brilliant minds,

Please I want to know if anyone has had similar ssituations mine and how they dealt with it/ your advise.

I started my pr application from outside of Canada but entered on the 6th of October 2023 with work permit. On the 12th of October, PR was approved and portal 1 email received from Ircc (VO is Montreal). I replied to the email same day and uptil today, 20 November 2023, no login details. I have cslled twice and they keep saying be patient. Meanwhile spouse (outland) and kids have received immigration visa and COPR. I have since booked their flight for December.

does anyone know if not receiving the login details will affect their entering since they already have visa and COPR?

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE THAT HAS HAD TO WAIT FOR THIS LONG FOR PR LOGIN DETAILS FROM THE MONTREAL VO.

Report •••

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hi brilliant minds,

Please I want to know if anyone has had similar ssituations mine and how they dealt with it/ your advise.

I started my pr application from outside of Canada but entered on the 6th of October 2023 with work permit. On the 12th of October, PR was approved and portal 1 email received from Ircc (VO is Montreal). I replied to the email same day and uptil today, 20 November 2023, no login details. I have cslled twice and they keep saying be patient. Meanwhile spouse (outland) and kids have received immigration visa and COPR. I have since booked their flight for December.

does anyone know if not receiving the login details will affect their entering since they already have visa and COPR?

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE THAT HAS HAD TO WAIT FOR THIS LONG FOR PR LOGIN DETAILS FROM THE MONTREAL VO.

Report •••
They might have reached the limit for inlanders in 2023, there is a possibility you will receive yours only next year. End of the year is always a grey area

Gikaraji

Jul 7, 2019
Hhhmmm! This information is new to me. So what happens to my family since they already have immigrant visa and copr? Is it possible they are allowed to enter and “land” later when my virtual landing is complete?

Sepauh

Jul 13, 2018
Hhhmmm! This information is new to me. So what happens to my family since they already have immigrant visa and copr? Is it possible they are allowed to enter and “land” later when my virtual landing is complete?
Hi Gika ,Did you receive your Portal email Details 2 ?

Gikaraji

Jul 7, 2019
No!!! Nothing yet. This has been the longest ever anyone has to wait for portal 2. I don't know what is going on with Montreal VO. Do you have a solution?

Sepauh

Jul 13, 2018
No!!! Nothing yet. This has been the longest ever anyone has to wait for portal 2. I don't know what is going on with Montreal VO. Do you have a solution?
it is all so random and unpredictable . Many say resending the email had some luck with a response. Can never tell . Hopefully you will receive it soon . That being said If your family has COPR I do not see any reason why they will face a problem travelling in December

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Nov 14 I received the portal 1 email and reply same day
Until now Dec4, almost 3 weeks still havent gotten Portal 2 email.

When I replied to the portal 1 email, I provided the same email address that we used in submitting the PR application last year. So basically that email address already has a permanent resident portal account. Is there any issue with that? Should I have provided a different email address? Thank you

Sepauh

Jul 13, 2018
Nov 14 I received the portal 1 email and reply same day
Until now Dec4, almost 3 weeks still havent gotten Portal 2 email.

When I replied to the portal 1 email, I provided the same email address that we used in submitting the PR application last year. So basically that email address already has a permanent resident portal account. Is there any issue with that? Should I have provided a different email address? Thank you
you must have received your P2 by now ! Most from 14th nov have received it. Just so slow. P1 20th and still waiting for p2

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
you must have received your P2 by now ! Most from 14th nov have received it. Just so slow. P1 20th and still waiting for p2
Yes i did received the credential. Now just waiting for thr ecopr. Would you know how long would it take for the ecopr available to download after logging in to portal and submitting the photo and declaration?

Sepauh

Jul 13, 2018
Yes i did received the credential. Now just waiting for thr ecopr. Would you know how long would it take for the ecopr available to download after logging in to portal and submitting the photo and declaration?
Montreal office is very unpredictable ! Today they were processing E COPR for applicants who sent P2 in sept and oct . No P2 sent today at all. We are all just waiting.
Fingers crossed. Hope soon

Kelio

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
To reply the Portal 1, can I use the same Email when I created a Portal account to submit PR application year ago, as the "Personal email" this time ?

Sepauh

Jul 13, 2018
To reply the Portal 1, can I use the same Email when I created a Portal account to submit PR application year ago, as the "Personal email" this time ?
I reckon use a new email which does not have any link to IRCC.

MahmoodIsmail

Dec 30, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to check if anyone else has experienced a delay in receiving the second email for the PR portal. I received an email from VO IRCC Montréal on November 27, 2023, instructing me to fill out an attached PDF to create an account for my PR application. I responded on November 28, 2023, but haven't received the second email since. Any insights on the processing time for this stage or any suggestions on what steps I should take would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!