+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate (Multiple required) confusion

ryan8437

Mar 8, 2017
Db1980 said:
Hi,

My wife (PA) received notification to upload Schedule A along with Police Certificate this evening. This is great, but what do they mean why they write "Multiple"?

We have resided only in Sweden the last 6 years with summer trips (1-4 months) to Canada the last 11 years. We did live in the Netherlands together for 4 years from 2007-2011, but this was not needed to provide in our application process therefore they should not know of this stage of our life together. Nothing to hide obviously, but just want to be sure she should just provide Police a Certificate from Sweden.

Any thoughts?
Did the request specify the country they want? In either case, they'll likely want one from the Netherlands, since you were there for an extended period of time.

I can speak to the process as my fiancee, the PA, lived in the Netherlands for one year. She is a US citizen and was there as part of her studies. According to IRCC's guides, we did not need to submit the Netherlands Police Report with our application, only her FBI Background Check (from the US).

Once IRCC began to conduct her Background Check (per MyCIC), she received an email from IRCC requesting the police check from the Netherlands - called a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG). The reason we couldn't do it proactively is because the Netherlands needs a copy of IRCC's request in order to process it.

The email from IRCC details what you need to do to get the certificate. All the info can be found on the Netherlands Ministry of Justice site (it's also in English). Look for "Certificate of Good Conduct", which is called "Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag" in Dutch.

Under section 2.3, check of box 06 (visa and emigration). Also, in section 1.1, the form has a box for "Prefix to surname". We had put "Ms.", but later found out that it's for "van", "van der", etc, which are common in Dutch surnames. Oops! :p But they corrected it lol.

Before you send off your application, you'll need to prepay the fee (€41.35). As we are both in Canada, we needed a wire transfer from our bank. If you're in Sweden, it may be quicker. But get the confirmation of the transfer in writing. You need a copy of IRCC's email request, the completed application form, a copy of the PA's passport and a copy of the fee payment.

You can email the package, which I would highly recommend. We followed up a week later (called the Ministry and they spoke perfect English) and it was already processed and mailed :eek: . We got it in just over a week ;D

Then you scan and reply to IRCC with the attached certificate. You don't need it translated as the bottom portion is in English.

Hope this helps!

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
nursegabo said:
Hi but the problem is that i dont know where they will send it since im a filipino citizen most probably they will send it to manila
That is why your File Number is important on the request.

singhamr

Feb 24, 2017
Hello All,

I called CIC just now because I also had same confusion Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)

CIC agent advised that you need to submit whatsoever is applicable to you.

If is NOT mentioned in the direct correspondence from CIC i.e. email or in GCKey login account under messages, it is not required to submit multiple.

As per agent Police Certificates (Multiple) (required) is a standard format on the website where we upload the documents.

I hope this information helps.

Db1980

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-03-2017
Interview........
Not required
ryan8437 said:
Did the request specify the country they want? In either case, they'll likely want one from the Netherlands, since you were there for an extended period of time.

I can speak to the process as my fiancee, the PA, lived in the Netherlands for one year. She is a US citizen and was there as part of her studies. According to IRCC's guides, we did not need to submit the Netherlands Police Report with our application, only her FBI Background Check (from the US).

Once IRCC began to conduct her Background Check (per MyCIC), she received an email from IRCC requesting the police check from the Netherlands - called a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG). The reason we couldn't do it proactively is because the Netherlands needs a copy of IRCC's request in order to process it.

The email from IRCC details what you need to do to get the certificate. All the info can be found on the Netherlands Ministry of Justice site (it's also in English). Look for "Certificate of Good Conduct", which is called "Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag" in Dutch.

Under section 2.3, check of box 06 (visa and emigration). Also, in section 1.1, the form has a box for "Prefix to surname". We had put "Ms.", but later found out that it's for "van", "van der", etc, which are common in Dutch surnames. Oops! :p But they corrected it lol.

Before you send off your application, you'll need to prepay the fee (€41.35). As we are both in Canada, we needed a wire transfer from our bank. If you're in Sweden, it may be quicker. But get the confirmation of the transfer in writing. You need a copy of IRCC's email request, the completed application form, a copy of the PA's passport and a copy of the fee payment.

You can email the package, which I would highly recommend. We followed up a week later (called the Ministry and they spoke perfect English) and it was already processed and mailed :eek: . We got it in just over a week ;D

Then you scan and reply to IRCC with the attached certificate. You don't need it translated as the bottom portion is in English.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Thanks for the message!
We have applied for the Certificate of Good Conduct and it was fairly simple. We could actually email the scanned application we filled in. Wife called the Netherlands and they were super helpfull. We sent the copy of the request from CIC and paid the fee. They let me wife know we should forsure receive the Certificate by our April 2 deadline. We figured once CIC looked at me wife's background with 4 years spent in the Netherlands they would request a PCC from there so we decided to get it done along with her Swedish PCC. Will scan and upload both to my wife's account.

Easy Peasy...

dranzer19

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
09-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
07-09-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
singhamr said:
Hello All,

I called CIC just now because I also had same confusion Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)

If is NOT mentioned in the direct correspondence from CIC i.e. email or in GCKey login account under messages, it is not required to submit multiple.

As per agent Police Certificates (Multiple) (required) is a standard format on the website where we upload the documents.

I just got police certificate request and it said multiple as well. The principle applicant has not been outside of the country except for 2 weeks after wedding. Thanks for clearing this up with CIC. Much appreciated! :)

singhamr

Feb 24, 2017
dranzer19 said:
I just got police certificate request and it said multiple as well. The principle applicant has not been outside of the country except for 2 weeks after wedding. Thanks for clearing this up with CIC. Much appreciated! :)
You are welcome :)

BamBamBing

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
App. Filed.......
End of March
Doc's Request.
End of April and End of May
AOR Received.
Mid-April
File Transfer...
Mid-May
Med's Done....
Mid-May
Hi! Just to make sure, we can scan and upload the PC or we have to mail them upon request? I guess the same question applies for the Schedule A

singhamr

Feb 24, 2017
BamBamBing said:
Hi! Just to make sure, we can scan and upload the PC or we have to mail them upon request? I guess the same question applies for the Schedule A
For PC, scan the document and upload it.

Schedule A form need to uploaded after validating (no scan).

BamBamBing

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
App. Filed.......
End of March
Doc's Request.
End of April and End of May
AOR Received.
Mid-April
File Transfer...
Mid-May
Med's Done....
Mid-May

Db1980

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-03-2017
Interview........
Not required
Quick question:

Received my wife's Swedish Police Certificate and now awaiting arrival of her Dutch one. Once Dutch one is received (hopefully by th end of the week) is it ok to scan both Certificates and upload through the same file?

I'm assuming this is the only way to upload multiple Police Certificates, but just wanted to inquire.

Thanks,

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Db1980 said:
Quick question:

Received my wife's Swedish Police Certificate and now awaiting arrival of her Dutch one. Once Dutch one is received (hopefully by th end of the week) is it ok to scan both Certificates and upload through the same file?

I'm assuming this is the only way to upload multiple Police Certificates, but just wanted to inquire.

Thanks,
Good question! I will need to upload 2 police certificates as well. Wondering the same thing.

Db1980

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-03-2017
Interview........
Not required
I actually haven't looked as to whether you can upload 2 attachments, but with Schedule A you could only upload it and not an accompanying letter so I'm guessing Police Certificates is the same. Although, to me if there is need to upload 2 or more Police Certificates you should have the option to attach more than 1.

Will look into it or maybe someone can assist...

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for the message!
We have applied for the Certificate of Good Conduct and it was fairly simple. We could actually email the scanned application we filled in. Wife called the Netherlands and they were super helpfull. We sent the copy of the request from CIC and paid the fee. They let me wife know we should forsure receive the Certificate by our April 2 deadline. We figured once CIC looked at me wife's background with 4 years spent in the Netherlands they would request a PCC from there so we decided to get it done along with her Swedish PCC. Will scan and upload both to my wife's account.

Easy Peasy...
Hi,
Could you please answer the following:

1) What should be checked in Section 2.4 of the application?
2) How did you pay the fees? Can I pay by online transaction ?
3) Which way did you suggest to send the VOG to CIC/ IRCC - either asking the Dutch Justice department to directly mail the certificate to IRCC OR we upload the same in MyCIC account once we receive it?

Thanks in advance. Your early reply is much appreciated.

Regards,
NRY

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hello All,

For the same country, lived in different cities - we just need a single PCC right? Not multiple? As per mentioned on CIC website?

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hi,

My spouse and I are currently on month 6 of our application process. My husband (applicant) sent a police certificate from the country where he currently lives and has lived his whole life, except for a year he went away for college in another country. CIC originally asked for one police certificate, is it possible that they’re going to ask for a second police certificate from the country he studied in? We’ve been waiting for the request but we’re on month 6 and they still haven’t asked for it. Can anyone help us out with this??