+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

pavanmex

Sep 29, 2020
Someone please help!!
I am supposed to submit my Mexican police report AND a Canadian one by Nov 21st(tomorrow). i already sent the web form on Tuesday for a time extension only on the Mexcan police report. but what do i do with the Canadian one?
I have the Canadian report uploaded already, but i need to submit it. Do i just submit it without the Mexican police report? or do i leave both unsubmitted.
If you have uploaded it you should submit it. You should have two upload openings on your profile. One for the RCMP and other for the Mexican police cert

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
My husband sent his fingerprints to Mexico on August, they received it one day later. Since that we are asking for updates by email almost monthly. The first 2 emails said they sent his fingerprints to PGR the second week of September but this Friday they answered the documents were sent the last week of September... Does anyone know what could happen or someone in the same situation?

pavanmex

Sep 29, 2020
Before I submitted my Constancia de Datos Registrales to my IRCC account. I had informed IRCC that the Mexico Embassy had received my documents. Today (Nov 23rd) I got this email which I am sure will put many of you to rest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

If you are missing documents due to COVID-19 (e.g., police certificates, biometrics, passports and medical exams), rest assured that we will not close or refuse any applications in progress.

Additional documents and medical examination

You will automatically have an extra 90 days from the deadline in the request letter to send us the documents. This applies even if the letter indicates that you have 30 or 90 days. We will keep extending the deadline for another 90 days until you can get the documents. You don't have to contact us to request this extension. Once you are able to, send us the missing documents as soon as possible to avoid further delays.

Biometrics

Due to COVID-19, some biometrics collection sites are closed or are not offering biometric collection. If you have received a biometric instruction letter (BIL), we invite you to consult the information on our website according to your situation.

No application will be refused or closed if you aren't able to give your biometrics (due to COVID-19 closures) within the period indicated on your BIL, even if it indicates you have 30 or 90 days. You don't have to contact us for this extension, and you don't need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen.

Reactions: mxqc

Jennso

Sep 17, 2018
For my case all documents where received Sep 15 by the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, I'm over the deadline now, but I did send an inquiry using the web form explaining the situation with proof that I had sent my documents and they where received in Mexico within the allotted time, I got a response confirming the reception of my documents by IRCC, and I am waiting now for any news.

Teddybear21

Dec 1, 2020
For my case all documents where received Sep 15 by the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, I'm over the deadline now, but I did send an inquiry using the web form explaining the situation with proof that I had sent my documents and they where received in Mexico within the allotted time, I got a response confirming the reception of my documents by IRCC, and I am waiting now for any news.
Hi! Did the IRCC confirmed they received your police certificate? Did you see any change in your application online?

Jennso

Sep 17, 2018
Hi! Did the IRCC confirmed they received your police certificate? Did you see any change in your application online?
I don't think they were talking about the police certificate they were talking about the documents I attached to the inquiry, my application has not changed status, unfortunately.

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Hello everyone. I did my biometrics on December 1st. And today, December 3, I received the request for the medical exam and the police certificate.

The process is progressing, but I do not know if it is better to request the police certificate through the embassy or request a power of attorney for someone in Mexico to do the procedure.

Can an Inland Mexican who has already done this process help me?

gothamneedsme

Dec 3, 2020
Hello,

I am an in-land express entry applicant, I need the PCC from Mexico. I wanted to get directly from FGR Mexico but they are asking for a letter from Canada Embassy. How to obtain it? Canadian embassy in Mexico is not responding to any emails except the automated email. Did anyone obtain via power of attorney?

Thanks.

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hello,

I am an in-land express entry applicant, I need the PCC from Mexico. I wanted to get directly from FGR Mexico but they are asking for a letter from Canada Embassy. How to obtain it? Canadian embassy in Mexico is not responding to any emails except the automated email. Did anyone obtain via power of attorney?

Thanks.
I believe you cannot send it upfront.. you have to apply first and then they will eventually request it (that will be the letter from the Canadian Embassy you need).

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hello everyone. I did my biometrics on December 1st. And today, December 3, I received the request for the medical exam and the police certificate.

The process is progressing, but I do not know if it is better to request the police certificate through the embassy or request a power of attorney for someone in Mexico to do the procedure.

Can an Inland Mexican who has already done this process help me?
We did it the "normal" way and sent the required papers to the Embassy of Canada in Mexico and I can tell you it is going to take a while. If you do this, send it via FedEx or so to ensure it arrives quickly. In our case:

July 22: we got the request for PCC
July 23: we mailed everything out via Canada Post (huge mistake)
Sept 17: Mail arrived to the Embassy after being stuck in customs for almost 2 months
Oct 22: One year mark of our Inland application
Oct 26: Got an email reply form the Embassy (we emailed them asking to confirm they received the documents) saying they have the papers but they have not sent them to the Fiscalia yet.
As of today (Dec 4): No signs of the PCC and our Inland application is still In Process (of course)

@pavanmex put a very detailed guide (post #262 in this thread) on an alternative way of getting the PCC, in case you want to try that out. I would say it is worth the shot unless you don't mind the months-long wait at all.

gothamneedsme

Dec 3, 2020
100% WRONG. The lawyer you contacted has NO idea. Here is what you do: IF you have someone who can do this on your behalf in Mexico. If you do not have someone to get this paperwork on your behalf, then you have no choice but to go the via the Canadian Embassy in Mexico and wait for whatever time it takes them.

1. Go to a fingerprinting agency and get two fingerprint cards. I used F1 in Mississauga. NO need to get it re-certified or translated.
2. Get a right side perfil & face picture taken 4.5 x 3.5cms colour, no makeup, no eyeglasses, earrings etc. (2 copies of each)
3. Write a letter authorizing someone on your behalf to do all that is necessary in Mexico to get you the certificate. See post #236 in this thread, the letter is there, in Spanish and you can copy paste. Two witnesses will have to sign the letter along with you. The person in Mexico you are giving the authority to can sign the letter when he receives the documents in Mexico. Make sure you also attach copies of their ID's front and back. A Canadian driving license will do.
4. The person in Mexico will have to make a deposit for MXN 178.00, @ "Banco Mercantil del Norte", S.A., Institución de Banca Múltiple, Grupo Financiero Banorte, a través del convenio 149583 y referencia 18443101
5. You will have to get your Canadian proof of address translated from English to Spanish and include the original of the translation in the package.
6. Copy of your passport, the main page and any other page with relevant information.
7. Copy of your birth certificate, translated to Spanish by a certified translator. I use https://www.taontario.ca/, if you do not have a birth certificate your embassy can issue a certificate of birth, and once translated, that will work as well.
8. Letter requesting the Constancia de Datos Registrales. This will come to you via email from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City.

The person you authorize needs to take all these documents to the local PGR/FGR office along with his original IFE/Passport and a proof of address. Once submitted, you will get your letter in about 10 - 12 days (it will be given to the authorized person). If you need any further help send me a PM
How to obtain the requesting letter (point 8) ? Canadian embassy in Mexico City is not responding to any emails or calls.

monamigo

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
We did it the "normal" way and sent the required papers to the Embassy of Canada in Mexico and I can tell you it is going to take a while. If you do this, send it via FedEx or so to ensure it arrives quickly. In our case:

July 22: we got the request for PCC
July 23: we mailed everything out via Canada Post (huge mistake)
Sept 17: Mail arrived to the Embassy after being stuck in customs for almost 2 months
Oct 22: One year mark of our Inland application
Oct 26: Got an email reply form the Embassy (we emailed them asking to confirm they received the documents) saying they have the papers but they have not sent them to the Fiscalia yet.
As of today (Dec 4): No signs of the PCC and our Inland application is still In Process (of course)

@pavanmex put a very detailed guide (post #262 in this thread) on an alternative way of getting the PCC, in case you want to try that out. I would say it is worth the shot unless you don't mind the months-long wait at all.
You probably feel better If you see my timeline:

March 13: PCC request
March 15: DHL to Canadian embassy in Mexico
April: No reply
May: No reply
June: No reply
July: No reply
August: No reply
September: No reply
October: No reply
November: Embassy acknowledge reception of the DHL, not yet delivered to Mexican authorities
December: Embassy replied application has been submitted to Mexican authorities on Nov 10

What you think?

Teddybear21

Dec 1, 2020
Hi everyone! Today I was notified that the IRCC received my PCC. Here is my timeline:

August 1st: sent my documents to the Mexican embassy via Canada post

September 8th: The embassy confirmed received and forwarded the documents to the Mexican authorities.

December 7th: Got email from IRCC saying “We got your document. Thank you!”

I hope you find this info helpful. Good luck!