+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for Siblings (HELP)

Fentyqueen

Oct 27, 2018
Hello Ijeoma. Oh that’s okay.
I thought you already went past the ITA stage? Let me know how it goes.
All the best!

Jimmysuperfly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Its all right...You can apply with your brother's COPR. CIC didn't asked me for PR Card. They are ok with signed COPR.
Hello mate,
How's did your application go, hope it was successful? Am asking because i need an update on using signed COPR instead of PR card. Thx

Mtakatkah

Nov 26, 2018
I’m the main applicant for the immigration to Canada & my sister in law has the canadian passport but she is still under 18, now she is 16 years old.
Is there any chance to get any additional scores??

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019

AleciaBoo

Mar 31, 2018
Question.
My step sister and bothers are in Canada...they are all PR...Our parents aren't married but they are living together in a common law relationship. How can I show proof of our parents common law relationship? And Can I claim points for siblings?

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
Hello,

My father has PR and my brother is 18yrs old and has citizenship in Canada as he was born there, however, I do not have any relationship with them and my father’s name is not on my birth certificate. Should I declare I have family in Canada or withheld this information. If I declare I will have to provide supporting documents and my father is not willing to assist for whatever reasons. I have text messages to show that he acknowledged me as his child but is being spiteful

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
Hello,

My father has PR and my brother is 18yrs old and has citizenship in Canada as he was born there, however, I do not have any relationship with them and my father’s name is not on my birth certificate. Should I declare I have family in Canada or withheld this information. If I declare I will have to provide supporting documents and my father is not willing to assist for whatever reasons. I have text messages to show that he acknowledged me as his child but is being spiteful
Don't declare it in express entry profile that you have relatives in Canada that way u won't be claiming any points for sibling or Canada relationship. Once you got invite fill family details with your father and brother with letter of explanation, you don't need to provide any proof as you won't be claiming points. Proofs are required only if u need points.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi DelPiero07,

Would you please guide me with following issue as I'm really frustrated at this point and don't know what to do!

My brother is a PR now and I claimed for the points. However, he is now going to leave Canada for a new job to another country. In case I receive ITA by next six months, can I still claim for the points by submitting copy of his PR card and utility bills for march/April 2019?

Thanks in advance!
No, you cannot.

Reneekay

Feb 9, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
Hey everyone,

I apologise if this has been covered in another thread but if someone has the information to help me out I would really appreciate it.

I am applying for PR through the Canadian experience class. I have a common law partner who is a Canadian Citizen and she has Canadian Siblings. Can I claim the sibling associated points or not as my common law is already a citizen of canada?

Thanks very much!
Hello, were you able to claim sibling points for this? ive been trying to find an answer to this

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, were you able to claim sibling points for this? ive been trying to find an answer to this
No - you can't. No points through your Canadian common law partner.

Reactions: DelPiero07

ExpertAnya

Aug 4, 2019
Hello all,
My wife’s brother is a Canadian citizen and I am claiming points under ‘Sibling’ category. In order to prove the sibling relationship, I’ve their birth certificates and passport copies with parent’s details. However, the problem is
  1. On my wife’s documents, father’s name is mentioned as ‘xxx’
  2. On my brother-in-law’s documents, father’s name is mentioned as ‘xxxKumar’ (addition of the word ‘Kumar’ after the name)
Would this be in an issue? Can I go ahead and submit the documents?

Have anyone faced similar issue? Appreciate the input. thanks!

CanucksRajiv

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hello Guys,

Does PR card is necessary to claim sibling points? My brother recently moved to Canada (he has COPR) and pr card will take another 2 months. Can I claim his points or I need to wait till he gets his PR card?

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Hello all,
My wife’s brother is a Canadian citizen and I am claiming points under ‘Sibling’ category. In order to prove the sibling relationship, I’ve their birth certificates and passport copies with parent’s details. However, the problem is
  1. On my wife’s documents, father’s name is mentioned as ‘xxx’
  2. On my brother-in-law’s documents, father’s name is mentioned as ‘xxxKumar’ (addition of the word ‘Kumar’ after the name)
Would this be in an issue? Can I go ahead and submit the documents?

Have anyone faced similar issue? Appreciate the input. thanks!
Hi . It’s not an issue . Your father in law can submit an affidavit , notarised of same name .. that is 1 xxx is known by xxx and xxxkumar . Both children are my biological children and so on . On this site there are many format of same name affidavit. For better assistance I suggest u to seek advice of legal falcon. Tagging him for your convience. @legalfalcon . Good luck

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hello Guys,

Does PR card is necessary to claim sibling points? My brother recently moved to Canada (he has COPR) and pr card will take another 2 months. Can I claim his points or I need to wait till he gets his PR card?
PR cards are coming in couple of weeks now, and you will need PR card and utility bill in your brother's name