+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for Siblings (HELP)

ExpertAnya

Aug 4, 2019
Hi . It’s not an issue . Your father in law can submit an affidavit , notarised of same name .. that is 1 xxx is known by xxx and xxxkumar . Both children are my biological children and so on . On this site there are many format of same name affidavit. For better assistance I suggest u to seek advice of legal falcon. Tagging him for your convience. @legalfalcon . Good luck
Thanks for the reply! What adds to the complexity is that my father-in-law is no more.
@legalfalcon - Looking forward to your suggestion.

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi everyone!
We're in unusual situation, so I'm seeking for advice on the subject.

My husband has a father in Canada, who is currently in long (more than 15 years) common law relationship with his wife in Canada. This woman has a daughter, whom he raised, but didn't adopted. Can we claim points for this daughter as my husband's sister (step-sister, half sister, I don't know how to call her right)? All of the family (father, mother and daughter) are Canadian citizens.

Thank you for your help :)

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi everyone!
We're in unusual situation, so I'm seeking for advice on the subject.

My husband has a father in Canada, who is currently in long (more than 15 years) common law relationship with his wife in Canada. This woman has a daughter, whom he raised, but didn't adopted. Can we claim points for this daughter as my husband's sister (step-sister, half sister, I don't know how to call her right)? All of the family (father, mother and daughter) are Canadian citizens.

Thank you for your help :)
Does your hubby's half sister's passport have your hubby's father name ? If, yes, you are good to go.

torontoreddy

Apr 16, 2019
Hi, in similar situation right now. My brother is planning to visit out of Canada for couple of months on vacation while my application is under processing. I don't understand how I can restrict my sibling from traveling or taking vacations. He will still have his car payments and bank payments gng on. will that be good enough. He has been in canada for more than 9 years and still is

Red123dy

Jul 21, 2019
Hi,
My half sister did not include me in her family history application form.
She has been residing in Canada for 12years now.
Can I still claim sibling points from her?
She is willing to give me all the required supporting documents.
Thanks in anticipation of your response(s)
Hi,
I have the similar situation where my husband missed his brother's name while applying for PR, and now his brother want to claim the sibling points as we became PR holders.

Please respond.
Thank you.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Your husband might get in trouble for not giving correct information at the time of his application its called misrepresentation and under this they can even revoke his citizenship

Hi,
I have the similar situation where my husband missed his brother's name while applying for PR, and now his brother want to claim the sibling points as we became PR holders.

Please respond.
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oct 19, 2019
The same as if you only have 1 sibling in Canada.
We have recently received an ITA for Canada PR express entry. I am the primary applicant and husband is secondary. My husband's brother holds a Canadian PR. To get points for siblings, shall I select the brother/sister option in my family section or in my husband's family section?

Question in the application form: Does XYZ have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada.)

During the ITA application I have selected yes for both me and my husband relative section.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We have recently received an ITA for Canada PR express entry. I am the primary applicant and husband is secondary. My husband's brother holds a Canadian PR. To get points for siblings, shall I select the brother/sister option in my family section or in my husband's family section?

Question in the application form: Does XYZ have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada.)

During the ITA application I have selected yes for both me and my husband relative section.
You select yes in your husband's section. You select no in your section.

Gocool317

Nov 22, 2019
Hi
I have applied for express entry as a secondary applicant.due to age factor.
My spouse is primary applicant,I have a brother who is a Canadian citizen.can I get additional 15 points even though I am a secondary applicant.

If yes how?

Let me know your comments

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi
I have applied for express entry as a secondary applicant.due to age factor.
My spouse is primary applicant,I have a brother who is a Canadian citizen.can I get additional 15 points even though I am a secondary applicant.

If yes how?

Let me know your comments
Yes

jules09

May 30, 2019
Good day all, please I need clarification on an issue. My husband has a half-sister in Ontario but she said during her own application she did not include his name as part of her siblings because they are about 25 children in all so she just picked her direct mother's children. She is willing to give us her documents to support our application to get the sibling 15points but she has said that they may not approve it because she did not include his name in the first place. Please who has been in this shoe before and what did you do? we really need that 15points to boost our scores.