NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
hello every one,

Cic has added 4 sections if you are claiming points for siblings which are as follows:

1) Family Member Proof of Status (required)

2) Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling (required)

3) Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required)

4) Proof of sibling relationship (required)

Cannot understand the difference between 1 and 2. for last 3 of above sections help information is same confused anyone here in same situation kindly guide please.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
1 was always present for those who answered that any relative was present in Canada - this is the FSW eligibility question which gives 5 points (67/100 to qualify for FSW) - the relatives in this part include a broader definition - aunt, uncle, nephew etc,

2 has bee added after yesterday's change - so essentially in your case 1 and 2 would have the same proof - PR, passport etc.

3 is proof of current residence - utility bill, etc which is to show the relative isbactually residing in Canada - for instance PR or citizen may have valid status but may not necessarily reside in Canada

4 is proof that they are related to you - for instance birth certificates for you and sibling showing same parents etc.

Hope this helps

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
1 was always present for those who answered that any relative was present in Canada - this is the FSW eligibility question which gives 5 points (67/100 to qualify for FSW) - the relatives in this part include a broader definition - aunt, uncle, nephew etc,

2 has bee added after yesterday's change - so essentially in your case 1 and 2 would have the same proof - PR, passport etc.

3 is proof of current residence - utility bill, etc which is to show the relative isbactually residing in Canada - for instance PR or citizen may have valid status but may not necessarily reside in Canada

4 is proof that they are related to you - for instance birth certificates for you and sibling showing same parents etc.

Hope this helps
so basically 1 and 2 are same right ?

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015

Hope this helps
Birth certificates is manadatory?? cz in my brother`s and my ID our father name is mentioned ...

Jun 17, 2017
Hi Every one

I want my wife to be Principal Applicant due to my age factor. Can my wife claim sibling points for my Sister who is on PR at Canada.

Hassan Iftikhar

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Hi Every one

I want my wife to be Principal Applicant due to my age factor. Can my wife claim sibling points for my Sister who is on PR at Canada.

Hassan Iftikhar
no only you can

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Every one

Hassan Iftikhar
You'll get the 15 points only if you're accompanying to Canada.

10) Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?

Note: to answer yes, the brother or sister must be:

• 18 years old or older
  • related to you or your partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common with you or your partner
A brother or sister is related to you by:

• blood (biological)
  • adoption
  • marriage (step-brother or step-sister)

Wunderkid

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Hi ,I have received an ITA for EE.I have a sister in Canada who is a Permanent Resident and not a citizen as yet. It appears in my EE profile ,I haven't really got any point for this even though I stated this but the checklist still asks for all the relevant documents .Which is fine as I have all the necessary docs.

Now my husband's sister is a citizen in Canada and I have not claimed any points for my husband's relation .For proof of their relationship ,neither she or my husband have a Birth certificate. Can I submit her old Indian passport which lists out parents name ?Will this be sufficient?

rubinderjit

Sep 21, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hope this helps
I am a Permanent Resident of Canada. My brother is going to make his express entry profile next month and needs to claim 15 points for sibling. My passport and birth certificate has surname with my name as well as parents name. But my brothers's passport and birth certificate doesn't have surname with his name or the names of the parents. Will it be a problem? If yes, what's the solution?

avijeet.singh

Jun 22, 2017

Hope this helps
Hi regarding point number 3. My sister holds a PR but is currently staying w

Toby05

Feb 9, 2018
Hi,

I would like to seek your advise on my application for permanent residency.

As at the time i was creating my profile for the express entry pool, my sibling had been sent a confirmation letter of her PR being approved but she is yet to relocate to Canada and she is yet to receive her PR Card but i added in my profile that i had a sibling with permanent residency and i have been invited to apply for permanent residency. My sibling is arriving in Canada in few weeks and i have until April 25th to submit my application which by then she would have received her PR Card.

I would like to know if my application could be disapproved for this reason if i go ahead and submit my application including a copy of her PR Card as prove.

I would appreciate your advise on this issue.

Thank you.

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
Hi All, I have question, for which I couldn't find any answer. My sister was adopted by my uncle and is Canadian citizen, can I claim siblings points and if yes what would be required to proove this relationship.

I am CRS 423 , this additional 15 points could fetch me direct ITA at 438.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, I have question, for which I couldn't find any answer. My sister was adopted by my uncle and is Canadian citizen, can I claim siblings points and if yes what would be required to proove this relationship.

I am CRS 423 , this additional 15 points could fetch me direct ITA at 438.
Of course you can, you are related by blood. Google express entry intake to know the documents required.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I would like to seek your advise on my application for permanent residency.

As at the time i was creating my profile for the express entry pool, my sibling had been sent a confirmation letter of her PR being approved but she is yet to relocate to Canada and she is yet to receive her PR Card but i added in my profile that i had a sibling with permanent residency and i have been invited to apply for permanent residency. My sibling is arriving in Canada in few weeks and i have until April 25th to submit my application which by then she would have received her PR Card.

I would like to know if my application could be disapproved for this reason if i go ahead and submit my application including a copy of her PR Card as prove.

I would appreciate your advise on this issue.

Thank you.
If she never finished the landing process then you shouldn't have claimed those points in the first place.

Edit: Actually, even if she did finish the landing process you shouldn't have claimed those points as she is not living in Canada.

Reactions: scylla