+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - June - Aug 2020 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and progress of Application

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Hey thanks for responding.

I dont have any dependents so i will just fill out my own form.

I have already started on everything else except i dont understand if they want my fingerprints or a criminal record check because the ADR checklist so i am gonna do both.

I still have not received my medical request.. smh
Not sure why they asked, as IRCC conducts its own criminal background check for applicants in Canada. The criminal record check comes with finger prints. When you go to RCMP, you need to specify that it is for PR. They will hand you a document with your finger prints on it on the spot. If you fail to let them know it is for PR, they will first need to process the criminal back ground check before they mail you the documents which will contain your fingerprints. And depending on how busy they are, it can take up to a month to receive these documents via mail. You can also get your finger prints done by government appointed agents, it depends on which city you are.

Reactions: vtkv

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Getting nervous as our medicals were done updated on July 08, 2021 and I believe that they expire on same date in 2022 which is July 8.
Sent ADR on May 13 they were reviewed on May 16 and PAL was issued May 17.
Wondering if decision would be made before July 8 and/or if they could extend the expiry date of medicals.
Please some senior member reply.
Thanks
Assuming by receiving a PAL means your PR process is almost complete/approved, they may not ask for new medicals. It also depends whether you/your dependants are in Canada. I say this because we did our medicals in June 2021 and recently IRCC requested my husband to get his done again. I was not asked and wondering whether its because I am in Canada.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
I got asked to do medical again last month for my family back home because they will expire this month so they might ask for a new medical for your family outside of the country since they won’t let them travel on an expired medical. Hopefully though you’ll get an answer before then.
Likewise, we did ours in June 2021 and my husband who is still in my home country was requested to redo his, I wasnt.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Does anyone know how long IRCC takes to acknowledge receipt after you submit the 2nd medical results
I was wondering the same, this being 2nd medicals, I surely hope they will speed up the processing. Today I sent IRCC a webform asking them the same question.

ABLB2020

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
You did not submitted bank statement? salary certificate and form?

They ask it again ?
We submitted earlier with the application. They asked again, as there was gap of more than 2 years due to covid, and again delay in processing the application due to backlog. They wanted to know if I was still working or there is a change in my status.

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Assuming by receiving a PAL means your PR process is almost complete/approved, they may not ask for new medicals. It also depends whether you/your dependants are in Canada. I say this because we did our medicals in June 2021 and recently IRCC requested my husband to get his done again. I was not asked and wondering whether its because I am in Canada.
Thanks for your reply. Yes I received medical request today for only my outland dependent.

Thisath

May 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
15-04-2021
Can anyone guess , why is delaying PAL for me ?

bashadavid

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
Was able to contact MP to ask for status.
IRCC agent stated this:
AR: Sep 2020
AOR: June 2021
VO: Ottawa
Eligibility: In progress
Criminality: In progress
Security: Not started
Medicals: Passed and expiring in July
Is anyone in the same boat? How long should I wait then?

ttejinder

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
its all depends on the officer . Now they are playing with the people minds . they do not have ant set pattern .

In my case AR june 2020 AOR Jan 2021. they sent me ADR in april 2022 which i submitted with in a week and in may 12, they sent me Repeat MR for my dependents which i submitted with in a week and passed on 22 of May and after that i havec not received any thing .

On the other hand i have applied my BOWP on dated August 19 2021 and still waiting for the decision. When called IRCC they said, to issue BWOP you file should be at certain level before they cant issue and they put my BOWP application on hold for the last 10 months and for this there normal processing time is 4 months .

I just want to ask who is responsible to get my PR file on a certain level to issue the BOWP. they took 2 years and its not on a certain level and what is the purpose of that permit once they make a decision on my PR file .I Do not have any health card for my family members and i do not have my licence valid due to expiry of work permit I Do not understand how they think .
There approach is get the people mentally sick .its worst than covid .

Reactions: Jerry1998

vtkv

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Not sure why they asked, as IRCC conducts its own criminal background check for applicants in Canada. The criminal record check comes with finger prints. When you go to RCMP, you need to specify that it is for PR. They will hand you a document with your finger prints on it on the spot. If you fail to let them know it is for PR, they will first need to process the criminal back ground check before they mail you the documents which will contain your fingerprints. And depending on how busy they are, it can take up to a month to receive these documents via mail. You can also get your finger prints done by government appointed agents, it depends on which city you are.
Yeah I am not too sure. I did do a police check when I applied for PR. Because the document they sent said RCMP Criminal Check / Fingerprints I assume they wanted a check done with my fingerprints to see if I have any matches...who knows tho.

I did go to a fingerprint place, they handed me a form to fill out which had the option for me to choose that its for PR. They sent my application containing my fingerprints and photo to RCMP that same day which was June 07. They said it usually takes 5-10 business days. Today is the 10 business day, I will go home and see if I have any mails if not I will contact either IRCC or the fingerprinting office. Although the fingerprint people said they cant do anything to expedite the process it all depends on the RCMP and Canada Post as to how fast they move.

Jerry1998

Star Member
Jun 2, 2021
Yeah I am not too sure. I did do a police check when I applied for PR. Because the document they sent said RCMP Criminal Check / Fingerprints I assume they wanted a check done with my fingerprints to see if I have any matches...who knows tho.

I did go to a fingerprint place, they handed me a form to fill out which had the option for me to choose that its for PR. They sent my application containing my fingerprints and photo to RCMP that same day which was June 07. They said it usually takes 5-10 business days. Today is the 10 business day, I will go home and see if I have any mails if not I will contact either IRCC or the fingerprinting office. Although the fingerprint people said they cant do anything to expedite the process it all depends on the RCMP and Canada Post as to how fast they move.
for me it took 3 weeks for the mail to arrive and that was from Feb of last year

Reactions: vtkv